CAB inlet volume vs Preamp output volume

bshaw92

Hello,

Just got my Two Notes CAB and looking for some general guides.

Volume going into the CAB. Should you set your volumes of the pre, pedals etc. going into the CAB at a moderately high level and then lower the input volume on the CAB interface to the final desired level or set the previous levels mid and raise the input level? Looking to just clarify best practice for the analog/digital signal adjustment to get the pre-CAB items running to their fullest potential without digital clipping or setting them to low and making it sound less than alive. Thanks.

Ok so you can't adjust the input volume.
So I'm having difficulties knowing exactly what volumes to adjust to get leveled out. I have an AMT SS-11A and I'm to the left side going toward 0 on the volumes and it is still a little hot. I have a constant hi pitched buzz when the CAB is connected that was not there before. Any feedback from others that have this mastered would be appreciated while I'm going through the learning curve.

The Power amp simulation is definitely the function that is making this work as an option to replace my Kemper.

Any and all help is appreciated.

The hotter your input level is (even if it is below clipping), the less you will be able to control your tone with the power amp settings....try to dial back the master volume of the pedal in front.....compare the bypass and engaged level and maybe have the engaged pedal boost the level like a solo boost. Set your Torpedo output to "0"

Now you can set the power amp section so when you get to around 0 (power section volume parameter) you just start to feel some compression...turn up the pedal in front if you don't get any compression...find the spot and then back off the volume a hair. You'll then have the Torpedo running in a sweet spot where you can really control your tones without worry.

One thing to watch is if you cascade overdrives in front, the first OD may sound great slamming the second one but if you bypass the second one, the Torpedo is overloaded, either balance the two ie less gain in #1 and more in #2, testing all 4 possible combinations (including all bypassed). Another solution is using a loop selector and considering the 2 OD's in series as a single block. An A OR B loop selector is also a great way to manage OD's into Torpedo (for example http://www.one-control.com/white-loop.html)

Finally, if you use the free Torpedo remote for your setup, you'll have addition metering available to assist....once you get thing set, the computer is not necessary for gigs.

Worked out lovely. Setup 9 different presets with various power amp volumes and adjusted the preset volumes to normalize all volumes. Any other hints for a newbie please feel free to send my way....

Back