Best small loadbox for Torpedo CAB?

dapeegoo

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a nice small loadbox for my Torpedo CAB so I can plug in some of my tube amps. What loadbox would you recommend? Smaller the size, the better!

Before I got the Reload I used a big ass resistor , my "Tone Shaft™". :D

CAM00013.jpg

I try hard not to make any dirty sex joke... :D

Anyway:

What loadbox would you recommend? Smaller the size, the better!

You will find some not so big loadbox at Palmer or SPL. There are not too expensive and should be working well. I have to say I never tried the recent models.

I'm looking for something that is small like a pedal. I think Palmer only makes rackmount type load boxes.

I use a Weber Mini-Mass (turned down to zero for load) with my CAB if I want to use my amp head instead of my preamp. The Min-Mass has a reactive load, but Weber also makes a power dump that is passive. These aren't exactly pedal size as they are probably 4 or 5 inches high and wide and probably 6 inches deep, but they aren't a rack mount size either. The Weber stuff works well and it fairly affordable so although it doesn't meet your pedal size spec they may be worth looking in to.

Fitting a load that can handle 50 to 100W in a box the size of a small pedal, well, that's not that easy.

You have to know that dissipating 100W creates a lot of heat. Try touching a good old 100W light bulb after sometime running. ;)

Back