Fuzzy signal coming out of the Torpedo Live

Vanlaing5150

Here's the situation;

For the past week i've been using the Live as a load box utilizing a different preset w/ miking off. I've been taking the line out to feed a power amp and utilize the Live simply as a load.

Last night at rehearsal, I plugged in the amp to the Torpedo and was taking a line out to the system to run direct on my main preset w/ miking on. The level coming out of the torpedo was low and very very fuzzy distorted. What did I do wrong?

gotchya. I'm thinking I might have affected some global setting and may just be easier to reset the unit to out of the box conditions.

Hi Vanlaing5150,

there is no global setting on the Live that affects all the presets (talking about the tone).

You have "Line" presets that are good if you use a preamp as a source (the power amp section is ON), and the "Amp" presets are good with... and amp (power amp is OFF).

You should take some time in between rehearsal to pick a cabinet and microphone combination, and move the microphone around to find the sweet spot. ;)

You should switch off the EQ and the power amp at first when editing a preset.

Hope this helps. ;)

I've tried several things but it's still super fuzzy. I can't seem to dial it out. Is there a "reset"? It's definitely distorting the signal. I just plugged into the amp w/ a cabinet and the amp sounds killer. Amp into Torpedo...super fuzzy. No matter what preset, amp, miking, power amp on/off. Very very fuzzy and distorted.

Back