Two Notes Studio

Dalek_Supreme

Hi,

When is the comparison chart page on your website going to be completed?

I am having a hard time trying to find information on the Studio in comparison to the other Two Notes products. I would rather not sort through 20 forum pages trying to piece it all together.

Thanks.

Great question.

Also the website had been updated a few times pushing the release date back. It now says late September. It is now late Sept.

Will this product actually ever be released?

I think it just got released a few days ago. I finally saw it appear on a couple of the big online music stores. Just go a Google search for: "Two Notes" Studio, and scroll down a little.

I just want to know the differences between the Studio and the VB-101 or Live. I've tried to search on here, but the returned results are a mixed bag.

Hi,

Thanks for the chart but, I don't know if it's just my computer or what. Whenever I try to view it the font is super small and unreadable. I tried zooming into to over 300% but that just made it blurry. I'll try again from a different computer tomorrow to see if that helps any.

Thanks.

Dear all,

I would recommend to follow us on Facebook if you want to have a close look on the latest news. We posted a few pictures of the first units being tested after production:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/twonotesaudioengineering/15331684255/

And here is our FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/TwoNotesAudioEngineering

I just updated the comparison chart, if you have any question I'm here to help, remember that Studio is more or less an update of VB-101 so its specifications are not so far away (but I think the upgrades are still exciting ^^:)

http://www.two-notes.com/en/hardware/to ... o/#compare

I know this may be hard to explain sonically, but are there significant tone/feel advantages to the Studio over Live? Or do they pretty much sound the same? (assuming only 1 cab and 1 mic is used for control purposes)

We use higher grade components (converters and analog architecture) on Torpedo Studio, to give you a lower noise level and better dynamics and definition.

On the Torpedo process, we have parameters on VB-101, Studio and WOS III, that doesn't appear in Live and C.A.B. For example, the linear-convolution process is activated when you turn "Overload", and changes the sound by adding distortion. When you learn how to use it, it's a very important parameter to improve the dynamics feeling. And Variphi is a phase parameter that helps you with multiple recording. This wi ll have a huge impact in that case, and you ca't play with it in Live or C.A.B.

Gotcha. More of an analog sound and better dynamics sounds good. I'll be placing an order soon.

One thing that bugs me a lot from the new studios is that it does not support 512 IR slots, this, to me, is really helpfull in the Torpedo CAB and i would expect the same if not more on the top of the line unit!

We prefer to offer more space for regular TN cabinets (50), the internal memory is in fact bigger.

And, with the new Quick Preview function, well, you just have to choose the IRs you want to have in the Torpedo Studio and upload them on the fly.

Actually I never thought that 512 IRs would be a reasonable number of files to manage on an hardware product. Do you use that much on, say, a daily basis? That's a serious question, just to understand what I missed.

guillaume_pille":3rfjz40a said:
We prefer to offer more space for regular TN cabinets (50), the internal memory is in fact bigger.

And, with the new Quick Preview function, well, you just have to choose the IRs you want to have in the Torpedo Studio and upload them on the fly.

Actually I never thought that 512 IRs would be a reasonable number of files to manage on an hardware product. Do you use that much on, say, a daily basis? That's a serious question, just to understand what I missed.

Its not the i use that many iRs, but having such huge libraries it has help me a lot to audition them in bulks. One feauture that would be great is to have a, let say, 20 slots of favorite Irs, in the desktop manager we could tag them as favorite and it will automaticly move the IR to one of those 20 slots on the fly, this would help greatly selecting the ones we will actually use.

I like that "favorite" idea.

With the extension of the TN cabinets library and the upcoming Two Notes exchange (a lot of new IRs to come, for free), we need to help organize all that DATA, for sure...

Hello,

I have a Studio on order at Musician's Friend. My ship date has slipped twice now, to November 12th. Is there anything you can share regarding availability?

Thanks,

Matt

Yes Matt, sorry about that, we had to toss a first batch of faceplates that didn't meet our expectations, thus resulting in a 3 weeks extra delay.

We usually think a better finish is worth the extra wait, I thank you for your patience.

I was wondering the same thing (my ship date changed 3 times). I have a production gig lined up and was hoping to use the Studio for it, but I'd rather wait for the proper release. You definitely did the right thing. I hate buying something only to find an improved version come out soon after.

I do have one question....

I don't see where the specs list the physical dimensions of the Studio.
Can you provide the dimensions for reference.

I also have one on order, it's been a very LONG time. Almost a year from announcement to release.

Thanks
Rennaker

Hello Rennaker, you are right we talked about the Studio at last NAMM in January, and announced a release before June. I guess we can see that we are not able to keep on the release dates, yet, but I assure you we do not want any extra delays, they just tend to happen.

Anyway, I will publish the user's manual soon, and you will see that the specifications are the following:

Dimensions
Width: 440 mm, 483 mm including rack-mounting edges
Depth: 180 mm, 230 mm including connectors and knobs
Height: 88 mm
Weight: 4 kg

Back