New Torpedo live user - need interface advice

First foray into recording...

My rig will be (based on what I use in my normal rack so far) :

Egnater M4 >Graphic EQ >BBE Sonic maximiser > TC G Force > Torpedo Live > ????? > Apple Mac

Looking for advice on what interface to get to go between the Torpedo Live and the Mac

and I'm at this stage just going to be doing gear demo stuff and sound testing pickups etc, so probably not in need of a big multi channel solution (*ok with between 2 and 4 inputs)
It must work seamlessly and efficiently with the Torpedo and make use of the S/PDIF etc

The thing is that most of the good semi-pro soundcards with S/PDIF have plenty of I/Os, but small ones (Duet, Babyface) won't have S/PDIF or not just enough outputs to do a reamping (you need 2 for your monitors and 1 more to send the signal to your amp/Torpedo) for example.

On the cheap soundcards you may only have class-compliant drivers that are not really fit for low-latency work, and that is an issue, with most of the time too much crosstalks btween I/Os and low dynamics (especially the ones using USB as a power supply).

Thankyou for the advice

I went with a Focusrite Scarlett 18i6 USB Audio Interface after taking advice from a recording store

85211_l.jpg

I hope it is a suitable one
I will look to see what drivers to use . a friend suggested ASIO ones to be good.
I will probably choose to try Reaper based on friend's advice

There is no ASIO on Mac OSX, you will be using CoreAudio drivers instead. ;)

But Reaper works perfectly on Mac, that's a good way to start in recording.

Back