Dead Reload - Resolved

DeanGardiner

Hi Guillaume,

My Torpedo Reload has died. No lights, no fan.

I took off the top cover to have a look, nothing looks or smells burnt. I can't see a fuse.

I have a multimeter, is there any test points I could check?

Based in Sydney, Australia, so return for repair would not be simple. It has 7/50 handwritten on it, so I am guessing this is number 7 ever made?

Thanks,
Dean

There's a fuse holder just below the power cable. It pulls out and the fuse is in there. Below that is a label that says what type of fuse to replace it with.

Thanks! Found the fuse, did not notice it was part of the power socket assembly.

Yep, the fuse is blown. Don't have a spare, so will report back when I have had a chance to pick up a new fuse.

Thanks again,
Dean

Edit:
Been running with a new fuse for a week. No issues so far,

DeanGardiner":8bbxre9v said:
Thanks! Found the fuse, did not notice it was part of the power socket assembly.

Yep, the fuse is blown. Don't have a spare, so will report back when I have had a chance to pick up a new fuse.

Thanks again,
Dean

Edit:
Been running with a new fuse for a week. No issues so far,

I think I have the same problem.

The unit says to use a T1A 250V fuse. I'm looking into buying a new fuse, but when I start searching Amazon or eBay, I see terms like "slow blow" and "fast blow" in addition to T1A 250V. Is there a particular variety of T1A 250V fuse I should use?

Back