Torpedo Reload - Amp - Axe Fx Routing HELP!

coryjuba

Hey guys!

Just got a Reload and I am really excited to use it! Here is my dilemma: I want to use some of my favorite IRs I have in the Axe-Fx that I do not have .wav format. There is also no way to get them in .wavs! So could you please tell me how to do this?

Guitar into amp then amp out into speaker in on the Reload...then loadbox out (XLR to 1/4" TRS?) into input two of the Axe-Fx (input one is Hi-Z designed for guitars) disable amp block.. then S/PDIF from the Axe into my 002 then Pro Tools? Or do I try to use the Replay features on the Reload?

Could you also tell me how to do this while recording DI at the same time? Maybe guitar in on Reload then DI to 002 and then amp out to my amp and then out of that to speaker in on Reload and then loadbox out to Axe-Fx and then Axe out to Replay in on the Reload then what?! What a nightmare. And which cables to use? Thank you guys so much! I appreciate it.

I have an Orange Rockerverb 100 MkII and a PRS Archon 100 that I am interested to make some clips for and use on my new music. If anyone is interested, I may shoot an IR of my Orange 4x12 with 100W G12K speakers in it if you guys like.

Thanks again. :rock:

You have many options and will be able to get the results you desire.

You should look at the various example diagrams for connecting the Reload but in a nutshell, you can run the guitar via Reload direct to your DAW and then back out again via Reload to your tube amp. The Tube amp speaker out then goes back into Reload and the Reload out can either go into the axe-fx or back to DAW and then you could connect the Axe-fx as an insert effect via the DAW, preferably using the spdif i/o's on both 002 and axe-fx.

You could also run into the axe f/x, use some pre amp block effects (like wah, compressor etc.), then send to the amp (via Reload or not, as you prefer), run the amp speaker out into Reload and Reload out into axe fx return. The Axe/fx out could then be connected to the 002, preferably via spdif.

you choice whether to use the axe/fx or the 002 as the converter should be made by comparing both methods and choosing the one that sounds better....on specs, my money's on the axe f/x but the ease of use and mixing flexibility with the daw having raw guitar tracks may be the best.

I wouldn't consider Ultrarez snake oil per se, however UltraRez is merely adding some sample-rate/frequency challenged short room-tone length to the tail of a normal IR, and IMO the better solution is to just use a room-sim post a normal length IR which will give you total control over room FX (the Axe provides a couple of reverbs and delays with diffusion that work well).

The main advantage of UltraRez is that it's baked into the IR (which is it's main disadvantage as well!), which increases simplicity of use and reduces CPU use somewhat if that's a problem (by not requiring an extra room-sim), but ultimately limits control.

IMO the Two Notes IR's are really well done, and there are more cool ones being created daily. I tend to use my two Notes IR's with a post room sim a lot more now, though Redwirez and OwnHammer are excellent as well.

coryjuba":imrs0vk2 said:
djd100":imrs0vk2 said:
Ownhammer has a free utility to convert Axe IR's...

http://www.ownhammer.com/free/axe-o-matic/

Yeah, but it doesn't work with the "Ultra-res" IRs. I know it's a bit of snake oil, but my favorite new IRs I have just happen to be in this format. So I will have to use the Axe-Fx.

So could someone comment on the routing please? Thank you!

Back