4 ohm amps?

Hello Leroy, we always prefer that you use the 8 ohms output on the amp to match the 8 ohms on the Torpedo Live;

This said, as the impedance is something a little more complicated than just a number, I can say there is not much risk in using the 4 Ohms output of your amplifier on the Torpedo Live. Just monitor the amp and make sure not to push it too hard at first, just to make sure it doesn't behave as expected.

guillaume_pille":3o56xu5j said:
Hello Leroy, we always prefer that you use the 8 ohms output on the amp to match the 8 ohms on the Torpedo Live;

This said, as the impedance is something a little more complicated than just a number, I can say there is not much risk in using the 4 Ohms output of your amplifier on the Torpedo Live. Just monitor the amp and make sure not to push it too hard at first, just to make sure it doesn't behave as expected.

Thanks for your reply Guillaume! I'll go easy on it and see what happens. I saw a video of someone using the Torpedo Live with a Vibroverb and it got me thinking... It would be great to be able to switch the Torpedo Live to 4,8 and 16 ohms. ;)

Back