Problem with Torpedo live account

Possessed_ZR

I bought a used Torpedo live two days ago. But i can not update the firmware for the device by using remote software, since the original owner has already registered an account for the device. I can not login with my new created account for the device. I asked Two notes and got the reply:

Hello,

You should ask the previous owner to contact us to confirm he sold the unit, so we can reset the unit's ownership. He should just join the serial number and confirm the sale.

Cordialement/Sincerely,

I think i am lucky since the seller is the original owner. I have already asked him to contact the Two notes. However, if the seller is not the first owner and has not tried anything with the remote software and sold the item to me, and the first owner did register the device with his account, it is very difficult to contact the first owner to let him give up his ownership.

I hope the people from Two notes can change this ownership thing, since it is very impractical!!

Has anyone experienced the same problem like me?

I bought a used Torpedo Live on TGP a month ago. I ran into the same situation the first time I tried connecting to the device using Remote.

Two Notes support gave me the same instructions. I contacted the seller, who was the original owner, and asked him to send a note to Two Notes support verifying the sale. I actually sent the seller the link to the ticket so he could update the ticket directly.

Two Notes released the previous account association shortly after receiving the verification.

Don't fear, Two Notes support will take care of you.

Yes. But what should we do if we can not get in touch with the previous owner? Should we prove that the device is not stolen? The ownership thing will only bring trouble for both the user and the people from two notes.

Hi Possessed_ZR,

if you cant get in touch with the previous owner don't worry, we can still let you activate your product, so let us know on the Help Desk and we'll figure something out.

Back