Hard to get my clean channel as loud as distortion channels

InFlames235

Hey all,

Just got my Torpedo Live today and it's seriously incredible! I've only had a couple hours to really mess with everything but so far it's a blast. One issue I'm running into with my Mark V and the Torpedo Live is getting my clean channel to match up in volume with Channels 2 and 3. Is anyone here running a Mark V w/ the Torpedo Live and, if so, how did you get these channels to all equally match up in volume? Thanks!

Distortion is essentially compression (from the point of view of the ratio between peaks and average level) and hence gives the impression of being louder.

You can

a) use different presets with the master volume at settings so when you switch from clean to lead, the Torpedo compensates at the output. You'll still have more than enough level to work with.

b) engage the "power amp modeling" section for the clean sounds and get a little boost there,

c) use your amp to balance the levels and set the Torpedo's input so there's no clipping in clean mode, you have more than enough resolution to effectively use the Torpedo's front end, even if the level meter isn't going all the way up when distorted....in fact it may sound best this way

Andy

The best is always to setup a gain on the Torpedo Live that works with all the channels of the amplifier.

As you have a "Master" (output volume) control on each channel, fix the gain on the Live we one channel, and have the other match the same level by adjusting the "Master". That should.

And, just in case, as Andy said, you can boost the input (with the pow amp modeling) and the output (with the preset volume) of each preset on the Torpedo live.

Back