Torpedo Reload questions

ddeguz

Hello- bought the torpedo Reload and love it- I have a 50w Plexi head that I can actually use in my house, which is fantastic.

A few questions- I've seen the infographic you have posted here about using the Reload with a multi fx unit. I have a G system and would love to use my Plexi with it. In the G System I can access the pre-fx loop section and send the output to my Plexi. What I'm not sure of is which output from the Reload I use to send the amp signal back to the G System in.

If you look at the infographic is doesn't actually specify which output- the AMP OUT in the REPLAY section or the LOAD BOX out- that I could use to get the amp sound out at line level to return to the G system.

Note that I am trying to do this without connecting my DAW.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi ddeguz,

we do not show that wiring as the Reload does not embed a speaker simulation. In your case the loadbox output should be used, but the sound at the loadbox output will be the dry amp sound, not a sound with a speaker simulation.

So, well, that is an unusual way to use Reload, and not the object of the various connection schemes we shown.

Thanks for your reply.

I do not expect a speaker simulation- in fact I am driving speaker cabinets with a stereo power amp after the G system.

The load box output has an XLR low impedance out- if I use an XLR>balanced 1/4 into the G System is there a way to control the level of the signal or is it a fixed line level out?

There is a pad, but basically the loadbox level is directly linked to your amp level. It may be too hot for a mic preamp (if it doesn't have a pad) but will work with a line input with no problem. If the G-system features an input gain setting, it's all good; Otherwise you may have to set your amp + pad on the Reload where it's best for the G-System.

Back