Studio

borninwinter

I just got mine today. I have a VB-101 that I've been using for about a year. I bought the Studio from a place with a return policy and I figured I'd give the Studio a try and compare. It took me about 5 minutes to decide the Studio was staying. Great update, completely happy with it. The VB-101 will be up for sale soon if anyone is interested.

The reactive load box makes a pretty noticeable difference imo. Comparing the VB-101 and Studio with my Mesa 4x12 sitting beside it - the VB-101 sounds like a very, very good simulation of the cab. The Studio on Reactive sounds as close to the real cab as I've heard any virtual solution sound. I think the highs and lows are both a bit smoothed out and it sounds overall a little bigger/fuller. Not that the VB-101 sound bad by comparison, just that I notice a real improvement over. Plus, the unit itself is a fair bit smaller and there are some changes in the front panel adjustments that make it a little more user friendly.

can you do a recording using both units??
i have the VB101 and i can't be any happier with it...

i can't imagine how much better the studio can be.

borninwinter":3huuwf8x said:
The reactive load box makes a pretty noticeable difference imo. Comparing the VB-101 and Studio with my Mesa 4x12 sitting beside it - the VB-101 sounds like a very, very good simulation of the cab. The Studio on Reactive sounds as close to the real cab as I've heard any virtual solution sound. I think the highs and lows are both a bit smoothed out and it sounds overall a little bigger/fuller. Not that the VB-101 sound bad by comparison, just that I notice a real improvement over. Plus, the unit itself is a fair bit smaller and there are some changes in the front panel adjustments that make it a little more user friendly.

That's great to hear :rock: . I had a VB-101 and really liked it. One of my amps was very easy to get a killer sound with it, but I have a couple of other amps that for some reason did not play as nicely with the load compensation. The high end was a bit too pronounced and too sharp, and it was hard dialing it out without going heavy on the eq or moving the mic so far off axis that it added some mud. Not knocking the VB since it's still the best IR/cab simulation unit I've come across to this point, but it sounds like the Studio may have addressed few niggles. Gonna have to check this out.

Anyone know if the reactive load's impedance curve is based on a V30 like the Live's load?

Anyone know if the reactive load's impedance curve is based on a V30 like the Live's load?

The load in the Studio is very close to the one in the Live, same idea, but can be 4, 8 or 16 Ohms. ;)

Plus, you can still switch to a resistive mode (like the VB-101), with or without the load compensation processing. Actually, without the load compensation, the sound is softer and warm, some people prefer that.

Back