Torpedo Live Connections - questions

danilive

Hi!
In a few days I get the Torpedo Live. I am gathering data on how to connect the guitar amp and audio interface, ready to take the necessary cables.
I have some doubts:

- In a video I've seen 8 ohms output of the amplifier is connected to the input "10" (Amplifier input) on the rear of Live. Is it right?
- What is the utility output "9" (Speaker output) on the rear panel?
- My audio interface has two XLR balanced inputs. As I read, the output of Live is balanced TRS ¼. I guess the right thing is to use an XLR / ¼ TRS balanced cable to connect the Torpedo Live to one of the inputs of the audio interface. Is it?
- The manual says that the entry "7" is "Balanced line input". But on the website of Two notes (Tech specs) said that Torpedo Live has "Unbalanced line input". What is the correct name? Is this the input for connecting a poweramp?

Thank you very much!

Daniel.

Hi danilive,

i'm sure you'll like your Torpedo Live, and, I know it's a little old school, but you'll find all the answers to your questions in the user's manual. ;)

http://www.two-notes.com/downloads/EN_MANUAL_torpedo_Live.pdf

In a video I've seen 8 ohms output of the amplifier is connected to the input "10" (Amplifier input) on the rear of Live. Is it right?

Correct!

- What is the utility output "9" (Speaker output) on the rear panel?

You can connect a cabinet here, in case you need to hear your sound through a traditional cabinet. In this situation, your amplifier sees the cabinet only, the Torpedo will just take a small part of the signal to feed the processor and do the simulation. ;)

- My audio interface has two XLR balanced inputs. As I read, the output of Live is balanced TRS ¼. I guess the right thing is to use an XLR / ¼ TRS balanced cable to connect the Torpedo Live to one of the inputs of the audio interface. Is it?

If your soundcard does not have 1/4" balanced Line input, the XLR to 1/4" will work perfectly.

The manual says that the entry "7" is "Balanced line input". But on the website of Two notes (Tech specs) said that Torpedo Live has "Unbalanced line input". What is the correct name? Is this the input for connecting a poweramp?

Oh, that was an error on the website, I just corrected it, thank you! So Balanced all the way. ;) Of course it will work with unbalanced signals too.

On the Line input you connect the line output of, well, usually a PREamp. If you have a power amp, you should connect its Speaker output (the power!!) to the speaker input on the Live.

Back