Wall of Sound vs DSP version

xeon

I am interested in the Two Notes Reload as well as the Studio. I have the following usage scenarios:
  • 1) Recording
    • - DI signal
      - Amp signal
      - Emulated cabinet signal
    2) Reamping
    3) Creating Kemper profiles by using the emulated output of Two Notes

I would like to know what are the differences (if any) in sound quality between the Wall of Sound plugin (native) and its equivalent DSP version on the Studio.

Is it correct to assume that the DSP version of the plugin will give better results because the algorithms are designed to work for that specific hardware?

I know that by using the Reload and the Wall of Sound plugin I can get results for the aforementioned scenarios. However, I am interested in getting the highest quality results and thus, would like to know whether investing in the Studio would be worth the extra price for my needs.

Looking forward to your response!

Is it correct to assume that the DSP version of the plugin will give better results because the algorithms are designed to work for that specific hardware?

Well, the code is not 100% identical between DSP and native. For example the FFT algorithm or the sample rate converter are different.

But to be honest, we tried to make them as close as possible, and it is hard to determine which one would sound "better".

However, I am interested in getting the highest quality results and thus, would like to know whether investing in the Studio would be worth the extra price for my needs.

Studio will offer you the best stages between your amp and the DSP (talking about the electronics design). But you can have something great if you have a nice preamp and great pro converter/ Sound Card.

Dear Guillaume,

Thank you for the prompt reply.

I currently own pro grade converters and as such, this wouldnt be an issue for me. That said, I am interested in the getting the most realistic results I can from the equipment. Will the Studio give a better dynamic response to the playing for example? Or will the result be similar if the DI is recorded when playing along a real cabinet (with the Reload)?

Ha ha tough questions. ^^

Studio and Reload are really different so, to me, you should focus ont he extra functions that one has and not the other.

Dynamics and realism will be great with both solution, but Studio will be more straightforward and you won't spend time thinking "well, did I setup the levels the way they should be so i'm 100% accurate".

Back