Torpedo Live Questions

Detroit ABA

I am trying to decide on the purchase of a Two Notes Torepdo Live. Would I get a significant difference in tone & feel by using a Two Notes Torpedo Live with my EVH 5150 III 50 watt head vs. using the axe fx in the loop of the EVH 5150 III with a cab sim at the end of the effects chain? I have used the axe fx this way going out to the Matrix Q12A in passive mode.

I understand that the two notes cab sims would then be post the power section of the EVH 5150 III and I would be running the EVH 5150 III speaker load into the two notes, then using the line out to the Matrix Q12A in active mode. I understand the configuration differences but would like to know if I would notice a difference in feel & tone based on where the cab sim is located in the signal chain?

Any input appreciated, thanks.

Hello Detroit ABA,

there are many parameters in motion here, so we can assume that you will hear and feel the difference. The idea of the Torpedo Live is to be as close as possible as a real miking of your amp. What you do right now can work too, but you don't have your power amp paying and that is certainly something important in the overall tone.

I can tell you which you'll prefer because it's a matter of test and we are comparing two high quality solution, except the Torpedo Live was really designed for that purpose.

If someone has done the comparison maybe he can help you better.

Back