Weird clean channel breakup with Torpedo Live

InFlames235

Hi,

I'm using a Mark V and I'm getting really weird breakup when using the clean channel through my Torpedo Live. When I plug in my amp to my speaker it's fine and the clean channel has plenty of headroom but when it's plugged into the Torpedo Live it has a lot of gain added to the channel and nearly sounds like a light distortion. I'm not overloading the Torpedo Live at all and am very confused as to what may be causing this. Help!

Make sure your Live's power amp sim is off, and if possible use the Torpedo Remote software to check your levels, both in and out to the following gear.

Hi, I doubled checked and the power amp sim is off. Input level is not clipping, Output is at -10dB and preset level is at 0dB.

Hello InFlames235,

would you have the possibility to plug a cabinet at the THRU output and do the same experiment? That way we can see if the internal load of the Live has an issue or if your amp, fo a reason I can't understand right now, doesn't "like" it.

Hi Guillaume, let me see if I can find another speaker cable so I can do this. Only have one speaker cable right now so I'll have to go to the store tonight or tomorrow to get another and try this method.

wizard_23":1mn137a5 said:
Which microphone/cab combination on the Live are you using? Oh and what are you monitoring it through?

I'm using the ENGL 4x12 and monitoring through Audio Technica ATH-M40fs. I think I solved the problem and it was so obvious I feel sheepish!

My Mark V was at noon on master volume and noon on the clean channel volume as well but then I dialed back the master volume to around 10 and it cleared up the problem. My input was never clipping because I lowered it but I think the high volume started overloading the signal anyways.

I don't know if the Mark V series responds well to a load with the clean channel. I noticed that with my Mark V 25 that my tone would be clean through a speaker cab but the same settings through the built in cab clone would be breaking up and not clean at all. Try lowering your gain and treble and cranking the master and see if that does the trick.

Back