Torpedo Reload - 1st use questions

Barnsy

Hi Everyone

I have a new mix space that is not great for loud amp tracking so have explored load boxes and cab sims and acquired a Torpedo Reload. I plugged in in for a test today and have a few questions for any other users.

I registered the serial number and downloaded the Wall Of Sound III plugin which takes care of the cab and mic sim - is it correct that as a reload owner I only get 2 cabinets as part of my purchase? I get no bass cabs to start with?

If I am to purchase more cabs from the Two Notes store, is there a way I can demo them on a non internet connected DAW? Also, it states that you get discounts on multiple cab purchases, but I cannot seem to figure out how this price break works.. any tips on how to get best value?

I noticed there is a freeware Two Notes cab available (Torpedo PI-FREE), is this just the same as the 4x12 cabinet that I now have in WoSIII?

When I tested my unit today, I noticed that I could hear a rattle and even a small amount of guitar tone emitting form the Reload unit in sympathy with the guitar playing - is this just the way the load box part works?

Are there cabinets that are considered the best ones to get when purchasing additional impulses? Favourite bass cabs?

Thanks for any info, hope to put the Reload through it's paces properly this week with some guitar tracking sessions.

Barnsy

Thanks, I will re download the licence file and try again. 24 cabs sounds much better!

Anyone used it for bass? Can't seem to find many youtube vids with bass and the Reload.

The WOSIII Reload edition contains 24 Cabinets, not just the 2 from the demo version, restart your DAW, re-instanciate the plug in and then download licence again and you should be set.

I have redownloaded the licence file, and I am sure I have installed the correct VST plugin, but even after re installing everything and re applying the licence file, all I get are those 2 cabs.

plugscreen.jpg

I am not sure why it will not give me the initial 24 cabs you speak of. I thought maybe the licence file I was applying had something wrong and it only had 2 cabs, but if I launch the plugin without any licence file it will not even load, it needs some kind of licence to fire up at all.

Also I notice the current licence I have been trying seems to be a trail version?
licencetrial.jpg

I am not sure what is missing, as when I download my licence file I have to put in the serial number from the inside of the reload manual which should tell Two Notes I get a full licence for WoS..? I will open a support ticket with Two Notes..

Think I got it - it is because my DAW is offline. I just spotted a bit of info I should have seen earlier:

ownload the Two Notes cabinets you just bought via the following link :
http://store.two-notes.com/index.php?co ... tnLicenses

Place the cabinet files onto your computer where the plugin is installed in the appropriate folder:
- PC 64bits : C:\Program Files (x86)\Two Notes Audio Engineering\WoS Cabinets

I've copied the cabinet files over and they register now.. but I am still getting licence issues. Every time I load an instance of WoSIII it needs me to offline activate again. Even within the same DAW session, add a track and add a new instance of Wos, even though it has been registered on another track in the same session, needs the whole activation process again.. kinda frustrating in a tracking session.

Back