The torpedo live as a loadbox?

Bigshredder

Hi folks :)
I have some questions about the loading option and sound on the live unit. If I were to buy an amp head and plug it into the torpedo live anter the amps power amp using the reactive load and then into some ir (disabling the torpedo power amp) would it be the same as to using the loop out of the amp pre and the power amp of the live unit instead? The thing is, I had a peavey 6505 a few years ago that I recorded with through a weber mass attenuator into some vst IR. And I didn't like the sound of the atteuator. It kinda "boxed" in the sound and made it wierd sounding. Using the pre out was a better alternative and made the tone more dynamic and "broader" and bigger. So I am thinking of buying an real amp again to record with at home and the torpedo cab sounds so awesome that I've been starting to look at just preamps. But you guys that have the live or the other torpedo units with power amp load, how does it sound using the load function and just can ir in relation to using just the amps pre and the full torpedo rig?
Cheers guys:)!

Hi Bigshredder,

the loadbox in the Live is very different form a Weber Mass, so the sound will be different.

You have both options on the Live, so, well, I guess you should try them and make the choice based on your experience. ;)

Back