Stereo cab/sound in the torpedo cab?

Bigshredder

Hi :)
This question may sound stupid or so but I sometimes overlook simple features that is obvious to others, lol.
I Am using the pod hd as a preamp and the torpedo cab as a poweramp and cab IR. The signal I send from the pod to cab is unbalanced, but both the pod hd output and the cab input takes TRS cables. Is it possible to get stereo sound using a TRS cable this way? The c.a.b is a mono unit right? But when I fiddled around with the blendir program, to make IR's to load in the C.A.B, the audio was panned to the left only in my head phones. Is it possible to make or load stereo IR? I Have no trs cable right now so I can't try, and I thought I ask here first:)
I really miss playing guitar and having the sound in my head phones in stereo. I Know The guitar signal is mono but there is a lot of cool effects and so you can use that widened the sound when operating in stereo.

The C.A.B. is mono so there is no possibility to load stereo IRs.

You could put the C.A.B. in the loop of the Pod and put your stereo FX POST effect return (ie after the C.A.B., what we often call the studio setup, because it is like having the stereo effects in the auxiliary or insert effects a mixer).

guillaume_pille":30w99iyu said:
The C.A.B. is mono so there is no possibility to load stereo IRs.

You could put the C.A.B. in the loop of the Pod and put your stereo FX POST effect return (ie after the C.A.B., what we often call the studio setup, because it is like having the stereo effects in the auxiliary or insert effects a mixer).

Ok :) thanks for your reply. Is there any difference in using a TRS between the POD HD and the C.A.B as to using an unbalanced cable?

Is there any difference in using a TRS between the POD HD and the C.A.B as to using an unbalanced cable?

Well, if the POD works with balanced signals, you will have a little more volume and a better noise rejection. But for small length of cable, there is no real need for balanced connections.

Read more about balanced connections:

http://thehub.musiciansfriend.com/tech-tips/unbalanced-versus-balanced-i-o-and-how-to-work-with-them

Remember that a TRS cable can carry either a mono balanced signal, a mono unbalanced signal (if the ring is grounded on one side at least), or an unbalanced stereo signal. The type of connector does not tell the type of signal that will be carried, but what it CAN carry. ;)

Back