using External IRs small WOS improvement idea

slash57

Hi,

Just a few ideas regarding easy of use of external IRs in WOS III:

When using User IRs in WOS III, the first time you click on a IR you can shuffle through the IRs using the arrow buttons. However as soon as i click on something else in the DAW, and the up and down arrows don't work any more when I click on the WOS window again.

Of course you can click to go left/right when choosing the IR, but it'd be really awesome if the up and down arrows were usable again as well, without having to go through folders and click on the IR only to enable the use of them.

It would be also nice to have a functionality like in NadIR, where you can see all IRs in the current folder with one click, without having to go through subfolders. If you have lots of IRs this would be really useful.

Also why do the L/R pots go to +/- 63? :D

Just two ideas ^^ Thanks for such a cool plugin!
Cheers!

The behavior you describe is the way the DAW works. Plug in windows only become active once one clicks on them. Otherwise, while they are floating, mouse clicks and key commands are applied to the DAW.

Panning is assigned a midi parameter value 0-127 hence centre is 0 and fully R/ L is -63 and 63 respectively.

Andy

When using User IRs in WOS III, the first time you click on a IR you can shuffle through the IRs using the arrow buttons. However as soon as i click on something else in the DAW, and the up and down arrows don't work any more when I click on the WOS window again.

Of course you can click to go left/right when choosing the IR, but it'd be really awesome if the up and down arrows were usable again as well, without having to go through folders and click on the IR only to enable the use of them.

Andy is right, the active window is the one you last click on, and as the arrows are used in all DAWs. As soon as you lose focus on WoS III the DAW takes back the arrow keys. ;)

It would be also nice to have a functionality like in NadIR, where you can see all IRs in the current folder with one click, without having to go through subfolders. If you have lots of IRs this would be really useful.

Well, that is what we had at first, but people with thousands of IRs complained that they were not able to find the one they wanted when they were displayed in the same folder... Could have many many IRs with identical names (just the sampling frequency was different for example)...

There is a simple way to do what you want: just put all the IRs you want in the same folder under Mac Finder or Windows Explorer, done. ;)

Of maybe I misunderstood your request?

Sorry, English is my second language, so it's kinda hard to explain.

The problem was, when you e.g. run two cabs, and change something in the other cab and then go back, then the up and down arrows don't work, when you click on the first cab again.
But I found the solution, I can simly click on the field highlighted in red twice, then the up and down arrows work again, without having to click 10x to get to the right subfolder.
Thanks guys for being so responsive though! :)

Attachments

• IR.PNG
    IR.PNG
    540 KB · Views: 1,025
Actually, you can have more than a pair of channels. You can have up to 50 pairs. ;)

In that case, the arrows are dedicated to switching between the various channels. ;)

When using 3rd party impulses I've been using Ignite Amps NadIr. I doesn't loose the folder you have been using, plus it has a handy blend feature with which you can blend two impulse responses from 0% to 100% without the overall level changing. It has less features that the WoS III but I find it easier to use. And it's free.

You can easily blend IR's in stereo within WOSIII or you can create composites on BlendIR (also from Two Notes and free) and then load those into WOSIII or any other IR loader. Static IR's can also be blended with the Two Notes cabinets within WOSIII, really there is no limit.

WOSIII also allows one to save or automate the plug in parameters including the IR as needed

Back