WOS III and Ownhammer IR?

mateias72

Hi all,

Forgive me for what must be a frequent question, I have read the WOS manual and still not sure how to proceed...

Basically I picked up an Ownhammer IR (wanted the Lynchback speaker), I want to import into into WoS but there are loads and loads of wav files in the subfolders of the Ownhammer directory.

Lots of different frequencies, in both mono and stereo - and then mixes for each one, and then even a truncated directory.

Which ones are recommended for use with WoS III?

You can load whatever frequency, mono IRs.

I am not familiar with how the directory are organized in Ownhammer IRs, maybe someone else can help you with that.

I would take just the 96kHz mono library and copy it's contents into a folder holding your impulses. In my case I use the same folder as the the Two Notes cab files ie (on mac) library/app support/Two notes audio/impulses. I can post a screenshot of the result if this helps.

Since IR's are small, I take note of the ones I really like and make a sub folder called Favorites. I then move a copy into this new folder. I suppose I could name it 1favorite or Afavourite so that when I click on "User" in WOSIII, this folder is right there.

I have asked Guillaume if the IR's could have a system where one could add a checkmark or stars and then that could be a filter for viewing. Certain virtual synths like Alchemy and Synthmaster (amongst others) use something like this for patch management by favorites/rating.

Oh and don't forget the Mix files, those can be lots of fun.

A bit of work but you could separate the singles from the mixes since WOSIII will manage whatever directories you set up.

So you'd then have a single folder with all the cabs folders each containing all the single IR's and a mix folder containing folders of the same cabs with only the mix IR's

it's your sandbox, play

sysexguy":k1pa0m4r said:
I would take just the 96kHz mono library and copy it's contents into a folder holding your impulses. In my case I use the same folder as the the Two Notes cab files ie (on mac) library/app support/Two notes audio/impulses. I can post a screenshot of the result if this helps.

Hi... just tried this - put them in the same directory as above, and then restarted my DAW and loaded WoS. Wasn't sure if the cab was to appear in the drop-down menu, so went to load one of the Ownhammer wav files... however the files are all greyed-out. Perhaps I missed a step? :(

however the files are all greyed-out.

In what windows are they greyed out? When you are in the Guitar/Bass/User selection in the window at the left of the studio window, do you see your IRs?

Because if they are grayed at the directory selection, that's perfectly normal (you are choosing a folder, not an IR).

Hi - no, they were greyed-out and unselectable when I tried to load them from the drop down menu at the top of the plugin window, next to the the blue "on/off'' button - where it says manual. I dropped down and then selected Load, then navigated to the directory... I think I know what I did wrong now after re-reading your message.

Actually... I was wrong again.

This is what I did:

- created mono mic folder, put mono wavs inside
- created mono mixes folder, put mono mixes inside
- placed both folders in /Library/Application Support/Two Notes Audio Engineering/Cabinets
- Restarted DAW, loaded WoS III
- Selected User next to studio window - nothing there
- Tried to load something via the manual -> load drop-down menu, wav files greyed-out

Doh - nevermind, I see them now.

Didn't select the directory in preferences. How embarrassing.

Thanks everyone for the help, now it is time to rock!

Back