Not getting any input on my Torpedo Live

gabaghoul

I'm using a Mogami Speaker cable from my Suhr Badger 35 into my Torpedo Live 8 ohm Speaker Input. For some reason, when I put the cable in all the way,the signal goes quiet. And I get absolutely no signal. The only way to get any kind of signal is to pull the cable out halfway. Obviously, there is something very wrong either with the cable or the input jack on the device. Cable seems to be working fine. When I connect it to the speaker, there is definitely sound coming out of the head but when I plug it into the loadbox using the 8 ohm speaker input, the signal is interrupted and I get no input signal. Like I said before, I only get a signal by pulling it out halfway.

Anyone experienced this issue with their unit?

yes, capacitor issue. had to send to diffuse audio in new jersey. you have to call where you bought it from to arrange warranty work. they were quick. man i wouldnt pull that cable halfway out i wouldnft think you output tranny would like that

Thanks PB. I think I'm passed my warranty period by like 8 days, literally.

Kind of sucks but that does sound like an easy fix. I bought mine at Sweetwater. I wonder if they would get it repaired for me or if it's an easy enough fix, I'd do it myself. I have replaced pickups in my guitars. If it's about that skill level you need, I would give it a try.

Please contact Sweetwater, we don't refuse warranty because it's over by 8 days however, "the capacitor issue" is in many cases we have found, the "I plugged the amp into the line instead of speaker input" issue.

We cannot offer guarantee on units that have been opened and tampered with so, as noted above, please contact your sales engineer to request an RMA.

thanks,

Back