Difference between torpedo products?

the rossness

I'm moving to a new apartment where I have to keep noise levels down. While I can play my amps at a good volume where I live now, that soon won't be the case. I feel that attenuators suck tone and iso-cabs sound kind of boxy. So, I tried the much hyped Kemper. While it was neat, I wasn't blown away. As suggested, I found one with some pro amp profiles downloaded to it. I dunno. Its cool, but for close to $3k its not that cool. I still like my MTS and Steve Fryette amps a whole lot more. I think a Two Notes Torpedo might be in my future. What's the difference between the Torpedo products? I basically want something that mimics a speaker cab, so I can essentially play my amps with headphones and mess around with different speaker combos.

Thanks~

You would need a Torpedo Live. I have had several Kempers since they first came out and at the end of the day, they are a great tool but I always was constantly searching for the perfect profile. I was never quite there for me, even with the latest update. Through a cab, the higher gain patches all washed out to the same tone. I wasn't happy with any of the FRFR solutions I tried, so I just said forget it. I had a Torpedo Live a couple of years ago that I got from Andy @ Diffusion (best guy in the biz to deal with BTW!) and I have regretted selling it since. So, getting another one very shortly and it will be sticking around this time!
I have two small children. I can't crank my new amp at night and this is the perfect solution for me as it has always been. Now with LaBoutique the amount of new cabs available make it an even better tool.

Can't wait!!!

The Torpedo Live would be my recommendation as well, I've been using one both at home, in the studio and live for over a year now and couldn't be happier.

Your other option is the Torpedo CAB if your amp has a FX Loop?

If it does, you can use the FX Send to the CAB for silent playing, and if need be put a Dummp Plug in the Amp'
s FX Return to make it silent.

You can also use the CAB as a great Master Volume by inserting it into the amp's FX Loop and driving it's virtual tube power amp as hard as you like while using the CAB's output to set your SPL.

If no FX Loop get the LIVE, or if you love your amp's power section's color, get the LIVE.

Back