Tube Power Amp Sim Feature Request...

djd100

How about a "Sag Control" (along with the Hi Pass/Lo Pass and Sweep Mids!), as some think they're a little too stiff, others think they're too saggy feel-wise?

This would be a single control manipulating tube/solid state rectifier and power supply filtering parameters to create stiff through saggy feel options so one could generate tube power amp color/distortion with varying transient/pick attack/compression responses?

Merci!

Good idea! Or maybe just a toggle between tube & solid state rectification options & have it so that it interacts with the power amp modelling's level control the way it would on a real amp.

...personally, I'd like a solid state power amp option too so that one can use it to get that squeaky clean Jazz Chorus/Lab Series type thing as well as the tube-like goodness that's currently on offer.

Yes, something simple would be best, and easist to implement GUI-wise too.

I edited my original post tp reflect the simplicity aspent, thanks.

Raven":2cx31laj said:
Good idea! Or maybe just a toggle between tube & solid state rectification options & have it so that it interacts with the power amp modelling's level control the way it would on a real amp.

...personally, I'd like a solid state power amp option too so that one can use it to get that squeaky clean Jazz Chorus/Lab Series type thing as well as the tube-like goodness that's currently on offer.

djd100":9nlll3xz said:
How about a "Sag Control" (along with the Hi Pass/Lo Pass and Sweep Mids!), as some think they're a little too stiff, others think they're too saggy feel-wise?

This would be a single control manipulating tube/solid state rectifier and power supply filtering parameters to create stiff through saggy feel options so one could generate tube power amp color/distortion with varying transient/pick attack/compression responses?

Merci!

+1
I was going to suggest a sag control, but I assumed that because it wasn't requested already, I was the only person who wanted it.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of interest, too bad for us! :no:

studio289":2bda9vhn said:
djd100":2bda9vhn said:

Merci!

+1
I was going to suggest a sag control, but I assumed that because it wasn't requested already, I was the only person who wanted it.

djd100":3tv4duav said:
There doesn't seem to be a lot of interest, too bad for us! :no:

Well, I wouldn't give up hope just yet.
I'm assuming Guillaume has been rather busy with the launch of the new pre-amp line.
And, he hasn't come right out and said "no", so who knows. He just may surprise us. :thumbsup:

I read the posts, don't worry, you may need to know that May is traditionally packed with holidays in France, so it's almost a dead month here. ^^

I've already talked with the team about that, we first have to finish the Arcade mode and we'll see. ;)

Back