Making plans about my rig...

tenSe

Hi folks :) ,

Until now I've played with an Xotic BB Preamp and a Celmo Pimento overdrive into the Torpedo CAB.
I use the BB as a boost for the Pimento when playing single coils, and the contrary when playing humbuckers.

The aim is to fit my complete rig into a pedalboard.

It sounds nice enough for some vintage rock n roll and bluesy leaks, but I'm lacking huge charges of distortion, for hard rock and metal.

I am looking at a pedal format preamp, or at a distortion pedal that I could match with the BB Preamp, in order to reach hard rock and metal tones (from Maiden, Malmsteen and Slash to Pantera, Metallica and In Flames...).

I am currently glancing at the AMT SS-20 and SS-30 (don't know which one yet). These seem to be killer units.
I am also considering adding a Bogner Überschall Distortion pedal to my rig...

Do you dig? Any other ideas?

Thanks!

EDIT: I just noticed that the Two Notes preamps will be released soon. I may consider these as well.

Self answer: after reading a few things about "Le Lead" Two Notes Preamp, I'm convinced it is made for me. The connectivity is exactly what I want, so is the tone "inspiration" (Hi Gain, Hard Rock, Metal). Plus I get something which is tailored to work with my CAB...

I might use one of these after my overdrive pedals, with the CAB + some effect pedals (delay, chorus) in the effect loop.

Can't wait to discover how it will sound :).

Back