Query: 1987x + overdrive pedal. Treble noise

danilive

I'm trying my Plexi 1987x with Torpedo Live. I tried a Plexitone C. Martin (LP Gibson-C. Martin-Plexi 1987x-Torpedo Live ), and produced many noises. Treble noise, and noise in general. Even with the two channels of plexi to volume 2. This problem also occurs with Marvell Drive. I have not tested whether this happens also using a "normal" cab.
I tried it with a Laney 15W head with the same pedals and Live. Noises appear in a lower level.

I want to know if someone uses a Plexi, to see if the same thing happens.

Any advice?

Thanks!!!

Danilive do you think you could post a sound sample?

Trying the amp on the regular cabinet would be a good idea, to see if this concerns the Torpedo Live or not.

I did a quick test. Replace the cable that connects the head 1987x with the Torpedo Live. The change was remarkable!
I only did it for two minutes .But could increase the volume of the Plexi to levels that previously could not.
When I have more time I'll try changing the gain and other parameters of the pedals, and the volumes of Plexi. But it is clear that the change of cable is very important !!!

When I have a final result will comment.

Thanks!

Something crosses my mind: please make sure you are not connecting the head to the Line input on the Torpedo Live. ;)

I know it may sound stupid, but it happened quite a few times. And noises are really the least of your concern in that case. :(

guillaume_pille":2vktudie said:
Something crosses my mind: please make sure you are not connecting the head to the Line input on the Torpedo Live. ;)

I know it may sound stupid, but it happened quite a few times. And noises are really the least of your concern in that case. :(

The connection is made to imput 8 ohms. I have verified. Today I will try everything in more detail.

Now that you mention it, there risk when connecting the box to the input line? Is it dangerous for the Torpedo Live and to the head?

Thanks, Guillaume.

angry pepper":2kk04dzg said:

When were the problems I was using a common cable. Then I tried the cable that brings the Plexi 1987x. With this cable all improved.
I guess plexi cable is of good quality.
If you can bring me some information about this, it would be good. In the case of cables you mentioned, if they are of higher quality than plexi, I would buy them.

Anyway, I still have to test more in detail.

Thanks !

Is it dangerous for the Torpedo Live and to the head?

It's the same as connecting the speaker out of your amp to your soundcard for example.

A fuse can blow up on the amp, and it's possible to fry the Live input. Not every time, not for sure, but it's a risk, yes.

Back