Torpedo Reload Silent REPLAY with Pro Tools

linkhalifax

I just purchased the Torpedo Reload and I'm having issues with Silent REPLAY.

DAW: Pro Tools 10
Interface: Roland OCTACAPTURE
Amp: Peavey 5150

I do not know how to route my DI signal on Track 1 to Output 3 on my Roland OCTACAPTURE without getting a feedback loop when record enabling both the DI track and the Loadbox track.

I am able to get no feedback if I pan the DI signal hard left and pan the loadbox signal hard right.
But since I have an interface that has multiple outputs I was hoping to be able to utilize output 3
and not have to worry about panning my loadbox signal hard right.

I think the issue is that I can hear the DI signal in my headphones even though it should just be sent out of output 3 into the line in
for the replay and then to the amp etc.

So I think what I'm asking is,

Does anybody know how to send the DI track to output 3 on a roland octa capture and not have audio from the DI track come through the Main Left and Right out
and simply just output 3 using pro tools?

Just so you guys know how things are physically connected:

GUITAR -> Instrument IN (torepedo reload)

DI out (torpedo reload) -> INPUT 1 (OCTACAPTURE)

OUTPUT 3 (OCTACAPTURE) -> Line in *replay* (torpedo reload)

Line out *replay* (torepedo reload) -> HIGH GAIN input (5150)

Speaker out (5150) -> Speaker IN (torpedo reload)

Loadbox out (torpedo reload) -> INPUT 2 (OCTACAPTURE)

Thanks.

Should be a matter of just getting your settings right as your interface is 8in x 10out.

Are you routing via Pro Tools or is the Roland Direct Mixer also active? If you are in ProTools, you should be able to select the i/o for each channel input and the monitor path. Same applies for the RDM however if both are running, you may have the Direct Mixer overriding the PT setting.

You could also try a pre fade send (monitor/ f/x send) to output you dry to out 3 and pull down that channel's fader. Make sure the send is set to "pre-fade" or you'll have nothing.

Back