Live-Remote and W. of Sound. Questions.

danilive

A consultation perhaps a little stupid: :doh: :cry:

My torpedo live has 32 cabs. The remote allows me to change, and change mics and positions, etc. As the live is mono (analog input) I can only use a cab. If I used the digital input may have two channels (dry and wet).
So here it is clear to me.

The question is what the relationship is between the Remote and Torpedo Wall of Sound III.
I will never pay attention to Wall of sound. Today I saw a video which shows that you can use two cabs and several mics simultaneously. If the W O Sound is a plugin:

- What cabs have? Are they equal or comparable to Live?
-¿ Allows use more than one mic at a time, and the Live you can only use one?
- What similarities and differences between the Live-Remote and WOS?

Sorry for these questions can be easily answered. To be written in English, and in the way of translation lost me a lot. Many. :no:

Thanks!

The difference is instead of using the emulation that is inside the box, you are using it on the computer.

That being said, what you would be doing is taking your load from the amp and turning off the internal cab emulations inside your Torpedo live and simply using the Wos-III plugin instead which resides on your computer. The emulations are the same. On the computer, you have more available, I believe. You also have access to LaBoutique to try out some of the other cabs from the Two-Notes store. There are quite a few amazing new cabs to grab from the Capture Masters.

Try it out and see if you can notice a difference?

I know Andy or Guillaume will probably be able to explain it a lot better than I did.

et voila, here I am, ....had to find a phone booth (for those of us who remember what that is) ....thanks PBGas for the vote of confidence!

Torpedo Remote is a remote control of everything in a hardware Torpedo, when you change a parameter on the Remote, you can see it change on the Torpedo's screen (if that menu item is on screen at that moment) and vice versa, if you are in Edit mode on the hardware, the Remote will immediately update as you edit on unit. The Torpedo Remote also allows you to import, export and copy patches (programs), most importantly, quickly name programs without the pesky scroll through the alphabet ...(for those of us who remember what that is) :D Remote is also used to select which 32 Cabinets (50 for Studio) are in the unit at a given time. That is say one purchases 10 extra cabinets from the Boutique so one now has 42 Cabinets....one would use the unit to assign all 32 slots to Cabs best for a rock gig and then later one could replace some 4x12's with 1x12's for a country session etc etc. Same logic applies for the 512 IR slots, your host computer can hold thousands and Remote lets you choose which 512 you load at one time....you can also load just one if it's the right one for your needs.

WOSIII is a bit different while sharing essentially the same GUI and form factor. The cabinets are the same quality with the same parameters. WOSIII allows one to blend multiple cabinet/mic combinations in true stereo up to a 100 in parallel and features a couple of extra parameters; vari-phi and overload that are only the Studio, hardware wise. (Studio also allows 2 parallel true stereo cab/mic combinations). In the case of the WOSIII, the entire Cab and IR library are all available at any time from drop down menus on the main page.

Having a "Dry" output on a hardware Torpedo allows one to record a pre-simulation signal that can be processed using WOSIII (or another speaker emulator for that matter, if you are slightly deaf and trying to be cool on another unnamed forum [big sarcasm alert] :LOL: :LOL: )....

We often get asked; so why even bother with a hardware Torpedo?
a) you can play live or easily go to another studio
b) while tracking, depending on your host DAW, sample rate and settings, there may be slight latency (while tracking only) using WOSIII. This is compensated in playback by nearly all DAW's today. Having a hardware Torpedo allows an easy monitor for tracking with an indiscernable (<2ms) delay
c) the library that comes with your Torpedo is available in your hardware and WOSIII, it's your library, same applies for anything you add
d) Torpedo with its reactive load and security features (check the video on twonotesTV) is a better loadbox investment

sysexguy":jrzajwb7 said:
WOSIII is a bit different while sharing essentially the same GUI and form factor. The cabinets are the same quality with the same parameters. WOSIII allows one to blend multiple cabinet/mic combinations in true stereo up to a 100 in parallel and features a couple of extra parameters; vari-phi and overload that are only the Studio, hardware wise. (Studio also allows 2 parallel true stereo cab/mic combinations). In the case of the WOSIII, the entire Cab and IR library are all available at any time from drop down menus on the main page.

Having a "Dry" output on a hardware Torpedo allows one to record a pre-simulation signal that can be processed using WOSIII (or another speaker emulator for that matter, if you are slightly deaf and trying to be cool on another unnamed forum [big sarcasm alert] :LOL: :LOL: )....

I hope I have translated well: Using the analog output of Live (using the W of Sound), with that single mono signal from the Live, I can use more than one cab and several microphones. Have I understood correctly?

I like the possibility of using more than one mic at a time in a single cab.

Thanks!!!!!!!

yes, if you use the dry output to DAW and use WOSIII, you can have multi mic/cabinets.

To use multiple microphones on a single cabinet, simply select the same cabinet 2+ times and then use different microphones and placement in each window.

If you have Prime A and Prime B, these are mirror image captures of the Anniversary and Blue sides of the /13 speaker cabinet. Setting up a combination of multiple mics on this cabinet in stereo is a lot of fun.

You can also use the internal processing on the Live for a multi-mic setup by either loading a multi mic IR or creating a composite in BlendIR using several IR's

sysexguy":3naqtqr6 said:
You can also use the internal processing on the Live for a multi-mic setup by either loading a multi mic IR or creating a composite in BlendIR using several IR's

This option does not allow to move the position of the mics. And if I understand correctly, the W.O. Sound lets do it. That's right?

I take this opportunity to ask more questions.

-The Remote allows several things, all very practical to modify or edit the T Live. But you can not use as a plug in a daw. (Reaper or Nuendo in my case). It's like that?
-The W or S is a plugin that can be used in a daw. It's like that?

I think Two Notes would have to modify the Remote, so you have the option of using several boxes and mics simultaneously. Y modificar las posiciones.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think Two Notes would have to modify the Remote, so you have the option of using several boxes and mics simultaneously. Y modificar las posiciones.

We actually have a hardware unit called Torpedo Studio that has enough processing power to do exactly what you want. ;)

This has nothing to do with the Remote, only with the amount of CPU power embedded in a unit or another.

When you use the WoS III plugin, it is your computer CPU power that we use to do the speaker simulation. Remote does nothing apart from controlling a Torpedo hardware unit from a distance using USB.

That's right, Guillaume, but when I decided to buy the Live did it because the studio is more expensive. :(

All my questions point to try to make the most of the possibilities offered by the Live and Remote, or ultimately WOS.

Thanks!

Of course, we all have to live with a finite budget (well, most of us). ^^

The Live was expressively developed to be simpler and more time effective than Studio or WoS III, especially for the stage situation where time-effectiveness is of essence. ;)

Back