EQ matching and Torpedo BlendIR

julianbr

I am trying to make impulses with the Torpedo BlendIR to use in a Torpedo product. What I want to do is set the output of the sine wave of BlendIR to go to an audio program like protools, reaper ect ... through a plug in like ozone. The output of the audio program goes back to BlendIR. This way I can skip the step of having to go through Voxengo Deconvolver. Something like Virtual Audio Cable or ASIO Bridge should be able to route the audio properly but I have had no luck yet. Any suggestions on what I might try? Thanks.

Hi julianbr,

can I ask you what you want to achieve? Capture the response of Ozone?

The problem with ASIO is that it will not let you open two different programs using the same driver. I'm not a Windows expert, but maybe you could try using different drivers in BlendIR and Reaper and see if it works. Maybe you will have to route your Soundcard externally, meaning sending the BlendIR to one output and feed another input on the soundcard with that signal. Or maybe you can do the routing with your Soundcard's internal mixer.

Hi Guillaume, just bought a VB-101. You did a great job on the design!

Yes, I want to capture the EQ curve of Ozone. I was just rebuilding my Protools rig so I haven't tried on it yet. Was using my internet computer and had tried Virtual Audio Cable and ASIO Bridge but no luck.

Does anybody else have any other suggestions before I get Protools fired up?

There are a number of applications that can do this, try these two first (I've used JackAudio on OSX but never on Windoz)...

http://jackaudio.org/

(I have never tried vb-audio?)

http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Cable/index.htm

julianbr":2bgzoklp said:
I am trying to make impulses with the Torpedo BlendIR to use in a Torpedo product. What I want to do is set the output of the sine wave of BlendIR to go to an audio program like protools, reaper ect ... through a plug in like ozone. The output of the audio program goes back to BlendIR. This way I can skip the step of having to go through Voxengo Deconvolver. Something like Virtual Audio Cable or ASIO Bridge should be able to route the audio properly but I have had no luck yet. Any suggestions on what I might try? Thanks.

Thanks for the info djd100. Sorry about the slow response but it has been hectic around here. Jackaudio looks perfect to do what I need it to do but haven't been able to get it to work on this computer. On the protools rig I am using a RME card and should be able to buss things around on RME's mixer but haven't tried it out yet. I just hate to add any other third party drivers on that computer because it is running perfectly. Anybody else tried what I am trying to do?

Back