Capture my cabs

pacocito

Hi!

I want to capture some of my cabs with different microphones and would like to capture each microphone and blend them with Blend IR.

I'm planning to use the solid state power amp I use with my Kemper. It's a 180 w power amp which it's powerful enough for rehearsal and linear. Your Capture manual recommends a 250w power amp. How will affect to the results using a 180w instead of the recommended 250w.

What would you recommend to align two captured IRs in order to load them in my VB-101. Is it possible using the Blend IR software?

Thanks in advance!

How will affect to the results using a 180w instead of the recommended 250w.

250W (under 8 Ohms) gives enough headroom, especially if you have a 16Ohms amp. You know that SS amps do not deliver the same power depending of the impedance of the cabinet.

Some SS amps won't be very good at pushing the test signal especially in the high frequencies if their output impedance is too high, again, having a powerful amp helps in that matter (you don't have to push it too hard).

All in all, if you already used your amp and believe it's a good one, there is no reason you don't achieve perfectly good captures. ;)

What would you recommend to align two captured IRs in order to load them in my VB-101. Is it possible using the Blend IR software?

I'm not sure what you mean by "align", if you're talking about time alignement yes you can do that in BlendIR and hear the result in real time, before loading it in the VB-101.

Back