New to cab sims etc-simple question

FrankLuke

Hi

And sorry for such a basic question, but this is new to me-

Mesa Boogie express plus 25:

Was looking at Torpedo C.A.B. Does this take the place of the speaker for late night recording, etc. That is what I am looking for-have no choice.

Thanks very much
Frankluke

Hi

For late night (or early morning :) ) recording you need the Torpedo Live.
Torpedo Live has built-in Load Box which can take the place of the speaker (of your Mesa).

With Torpedo CAB you can't use an amp - you can use the preamp only (or pedal)..

angry pepper":3fxazrsp said:
Hi

For late night (or early morning :) ) recording you need the Torpedo Live.
Torpedo Live has built-in Load Box which can take the place of the speaker (of your Mesa).

With Torpedo CAB you can't use an amp - you can use the preamp only (or pedal)..

Hi-Thanks

So I could record using the preamp and have the speaker on real low? The torpedo live is a bit too much $$ for me right now-

I am thinking about returning the Combo and getting just the head and a small mesa 12" cab- Then I could put the cab in the closet or something. I know a guy who used to do that.

Hope that makes sense.
Thanks again
Frank

Thanks Andy

So you mean use the load box with the Torpedo CAB? Sorry to sound so "uninformed". Just always had a recording device (all the GT's, etc, etc) and now I don't.

Thanks again

Frank

This RAT load box (sysexguy mentioned above) is a good choice.
Connect a speaker cable (NOT guitar cable) from Mesa Speaker Output to RAT's 'AMP Output'.
From RAT 'LINE Out' to Torpedo CAB(use the guitar cable here).
If you want to hear your cab - connect the cab(with speaker cable) to the 'Thru Speaker' on the RAT Load Box.
...and you are ready for late night recordings.. :rock: ..while your neighbors will have a deep good sleep..

Back