The First 48 Hours...

reason108

Received my Torpedo C.A.B on Thursday and have been trying it out. Had a rough 1st day because I was overthinking the "adding a 3rd party IR" process. My attempt at making my own IR didn't turn out as expected; but still somewhat usable. Not sure what I am doing wrong there but I just need to spend some more time with it. So far, I like the CAB. It does seem to work better, tone wise, with my Seymour Duncan Twin Tube than with my Fender Blues Jr-THD Hot Plate-CAB setup. I am finding that if I turn off the power amp section and just use the IR then I get a more realistic sound. I have got some tones out of it that are hard for me to tell the difference between this and my miked amp tone. I love the concept of being able to record direct but no device I have ever tried has provided me with the same sound as miking a loud amp. I do have an isolation cab for my amp but it is still too loud for evening or night recording so I needed something that can fill in the gap. I think IR is the way to go and just leave the effects to pedals and tube tone to a real amplifier. I want to stay as much in the analog world as possible and think that this solution helps me keep that goal. :)

Imagine how cool the live is when you don't have to worry bout volume. .... It took me a little while, but I love mine!

Back