Using a Torpedo VB 101 as a rack mount EQ

Mitch-PTV

Hey guys,

Probably a really stupid question, but is it possible to use a VB 101 as a rack eq? In this context I will not be using the Torp as a loadbox/cab, I'll have my amp connected to its physical cabinet.

I'm building a rack and what I'd love to be able to do is to connect the torp into one of the loops in a GCX and then have different presets set up with different EQ settings, in front of my amp

I'm trying to make the most of the gear I already have rather than buying a separate EQ, is there a way to do this?
Or should I just suck it up and buy a midi controlled EQ pedal like the Source Audio.

I don't see why this wouldn't work however the VB-101 line inputs and outs would require line level not instrument levels for optimal signal flow. One thing that could be very interesting is creating EQ IR's and loading those into the VB-101 and saving them as presets. There are some EQ IR's on the Two-Notes Exchange that you could try...and of course, you can use the processing section for further EQ tweaks.

Back