Huge thanks to Andy @ Diffusion Audio

PBGas

Normally I don't do this but when someone helps you out and goes above and beyond the call of duty, it really makes a statement about how they treat their customers and how they value them. I usually deal in a lot of guitar and studio gear from various retailers.

I had previously had a Two-Notes Live unit that I purchased from Andy a couple of years back and made a HUGE mistake selling it and getting the Kemper. The Kemper solution just didn't work for me on the stage.

Back in June, Andy helped me out and made sure he had a Live unit available for me as I had a large mutli-night gig in front of several thousand people. It sounded incredible with my amp. I also had a rather large private contract that I signed with a friend of mine to complete with an animation company subsidiary of Sony Pictures which required me to use my amp/pedalboard and the Live to complete. The producer wanted real amp tone and not a plugin and I was able to deliver that in spades with the JVM Satch amp and the Live.

I've dealt with Andy for years from buying a couple of Diezel amps and cabinet from him in the past as well as a couple of Torpedo Live units. I will continue to to business with him for a long time to come. If you have the opportunity, I encourage you to purchase from Andy Cherna @ Diffusion Audio and you will be rewarded with some of the best customer service in the industry!

Thx Andy!

+1, Andy is the best (way back when he loaned me a LIVE to use until the CAB's were rolling off the production line), thanks again Andy!

PBGas":166347od said:
I had previously had a Two-Notes Live unit that I purchased from Andy a couple of years back and made a HUGE mistake selling it and getting the Kemper. The Kemper solution just didn't work for me on the stage.

I own both a Kemper and a Torpedo vb-101 and the combo is killer. Using DI profiles of amps in the Kemper and micing them with the Torpedo brings an homogeneity that the Kemper, using profiles from different sources, don't. I own a good amp too (Fuchs ODS) but I prefer the Kemper for live use.

pacocito":3czjcwlq said:
PBGas":3czjcwlq said:

I own both a Kemper and a Torpedo vb-101 and the combo is killer. Using DI profiles of amps in the Kemper and micing them with the Torpedo brings an homogeneity that the Kemper, using profiles from different sources, don't. I own a good amp too (Fuchs ODS) but I prefer the Kemper for live use.

Interesting use for it. I just didn't like it through a cab or an FRFR with the built in power amp or with a powered monitor. I am absolutely not missing it. The convenience is nice but at the end of the day, I just bring my head, live and small pedal board and I'm good to go.

pacocito":axd9k4sq said:
PBGas":axd9k4sq said:

just to be sure , by DI profiles you mean a profile from the pre amp and poweramp ?
the torpedo will do the mic and speaker then ?
i have a kemper and a torpedo cab , so torpedo cab in the loop of the kemper
and kemper cab off will work ?
i'm going to try that
thanks

Back