New Feature Request

cpiquette

So I have been using the preset/output volume to adjust my solo boots after the amp. As of right now, I can set two different presets with different volumes for a rhythm/lead tone and toggle between them by using a MIDI PC. I know that I can control the full range of volume by using MIDI CC, but I have no way of setting minimum and maximum values. Would it be possible to implement a new feature down the road that would allow to toggle between 2 user defined volume values via MIDI CC?

What controller are you using? Some pedalboards allow one to assign a fixed controller message to a footswitch, either latched or toggled.

If your controller has a 5v TRS input (ie compatible with a Roland EV-5 or equivalent), you could easily make a small footswitch box that would be calibrated to toggle between the analog values corresponding to the desired settings. If this would require technical assistance, perhaps you can find a local contact into pedal DIY or you could contact a professional pedal board configurator or even a manufacturer (Molten Voltage perhaps could assist)

It would also be possible to make a freestanding unit ie a single footswitch connected to the Torpedo midi in but that would require a custom eprom and or adapting a kit but only using a tiny portion of the available horsepower.

Thanks for your response. I am using a voodoo lab ground control pro. It has 2 TRS expression pedal inputs... this would be pretty damn cool to make a box. I suppose it would be as simple as 2 different resistors on a switch, right? I suppose if i wanted more realtime control, I could wire up 2 different pots and toggle between with a stomp switch. This is an interesting thought that Im going to look into.

That looks perfect and for that price, I'm not bothering drilling a case, better to go for the ready made pedal.

If you roll your own, you need to make a selectable voltage divider, so 4 resistors or 2 pots

Interesting, do you have any resources for this? While I agree that for this cost, the pre-made one is a no-brainer, I have an interest in making it myself...

So after a lot of debating on what to do, i recently discovered the MIDI Solutions Event Processor. Looks like it would be able to take a MIDI CC from my ground control pro and turn it into a PC so that I can toggle between 2 presets with different volumes without having to change to a completely different preset on my controller. Anyone have any experience with these little boxes? seems like its not as common to see guitar players utilize these in their rigs...

I wish the VL GCP manual was more comprehensive but you can do lots with just the unit itself.

1) the GCP will work with any volume pedal or expression pedal. If you can find either one with a minimum level adjust, Boss volumes have this amongst others. You can then either use the expression pedal to go between solo and regular volume OR leave it up and set the patches on the GCP to either have the expression active or not, the rhythm patches have expression, solo are expression off ie full

2) you can program adjacent patches to send the program changes per device so if Torpedo patch 1 is rhythm and Torpedo patch 2 is lead and you also have a midi preamp and a multi effect

Patch A

Preamp program X
Multi FX program Y
Torpedo patch 1

Patch B

Preamp program X
Multi FX program Y
Torpedo patch 2

You can also change modes and have the top buttons assigned for individual applications, for example to change the Torpedo's setting

Midi solutions make cool boxes but the mapper is the model that requires the most programming knowledge.

Here's another way to achieve a boost in your set up (I hope this helps)

The power amp on/off can be controlled by CC. Just set the boost required with the power amp parameters and then toggle it on/off

On the CAB, this function can be assigned to one of the footswitches

thats a cool idea, but would this be able to be set up transparently? I wouldn't necessarily want to hear the power amp sim...

Back