Where to place Cab IR's??

Uncle Mike

I am really confused....this isn't anything new, I seem to get confused regularly. But reading the Two Notes Studio Manual is like reading greek tp me.

Anyway, I down loaded a set of the Ownhammer Impulse Responses and have no idea where to put them.
I am using an iMac.

I found the Impulse Folder at: /Library/ Application Support/Two Notes Audi Engineering/Impulses

After downloading the Ownhammer folder is set up like this with sub folder.

Ownhammer_Impulse_Responses
->Wav
-->44100-Hz_Mono
-->44100-Hz_Stereo
-->48000-Hz_Mono
-->48100-Hz_Stereo
-->88200-Hz_Mono
-->88200-Hz_Stereo
-->96000-Hz_Mono
-->96000-Hz_Stereo
-->Truncated

So, can someone tell me where to move these and do I include the Wav and its subs or just the subs folders?

Reading the Manual, it says;

"to add a .wav files to your list simply move the file to the Root of the default Impulses directory or select another folder (see party 5.4).
Please note that the files mist reside at the root of that folder without any subfolders. The cabinet list in the plug-in will be automatically refreshed."

This seem to contradictory.

Can someone tell min in plain wording how and where to do this? Can the various frequency and truncated file remain? Is the /Library/ Application Support/Two Notes Audi Engineering/Impulses the correct location?

Thanks
Mike

You can put the IRs anywehre you like, you just have to point Torpedo Remote at them via it's Folder Menu/Select User Impulse Directory.

You'll want to use the untruncated 48K S/R Mono IR's.

I've been using 96000 for months. I really hope I haven't been doing this wrong, lol. Is 48000 the one I'm actually supposed to be using w/ WOS?

How big of a difference is it with sound quality?

WoS III always processes 96KHz files, so we use oversampling in case what you provide is not "big" enough.

When oversampling is done very well, you don't notice that much of a difference. ;)

So did I understand it right that 96 kHz is the one to use for WoS III?
Somewhere I read in a manual that Two notes hardware products use 48 kHz, that's why I'm asking.

Whoops, missed the WOS III part and thought you were using LIVE/CAB hardware, sorry... :doh:

That said, you won't hear any meaningful difference when upsampling so you're good with whatever you've done with WOS and 48K.

heythere":3997s415 said:
I've been using 96000 for months. I really hope I haven't been doing this wrong, lol. Is 48000 the one I'm actually supposed to be using w/ WOS?

How big of a difference is it with sound quality?

Now I'm confused and wondering if I've been doing things incorrectly with my Torp Studio settings after reading this thread.

I'd really appreciate a plainly worded(for the layman/someone that is learning but does not understand all this stuff yet :yes: ) explanation of what my settings should be. :worship:

OK...you're saying that the Studio should be at 96 kHz...what exactly should be at 96K? I've got my sync setting on "spdif" as I've been using that connection and it's at 48K in the setup menu and won't let me change to 96k or anything else for that matter? How should this be set?

As Uncle Mike mentioned, I have also purchased a few OH IR's. Now I'm wondering if I've been utilizing their setting options incorrectly as well.

I'm ok getting them into the folder and using them but I been choosing the 48 K stereo IR's as I too thought 48k was the correct one. Should I have been choosing the 96K mono IR's and if so please explain for the confused.

Thanks,

Craig

The sync is set to SPDIF, so it is your soundcard/DAW that determines what I/O frequency the Studio should use.

The processing frequency is another beast, you can't change it, it's 96KHz all the time in the Studio.

Don't worry about the frequency of the IRs you upload, the best should be 96KHz, but Remote will convert any other frequency to the format your Torpedo is waiting for. ;)

guillaume_pille":34qx3q71 said:
The sync is set to SPDIF, so it is your soundcard/DAW that determines what I/O frequency the Studio should use.

The processing frequency is another beast, you can't change it, it's 96KHz all the time in the Studio.

Don't worry about the frequency of the IRs you upload, the best should be 96KHz, but Remote will convert any other frequency to the format your Torpedo is waiting for. ;)

Cool, thanks...I can breathe easily again :LOL: :LOL:

So, should I have been using the mono OH IR's as opposed to the stereo OH IR's as I have been?

guillaume_pille":6pwlbow3 said:
You can only use mono IRs, that's right. ;)

OK, I'll go back in and re-download the mono OH IR's that I liked.

Question then...I have been using the OH stereo versions of the IR's I liked, and they seem to sound good. Why should I not be using the stereo IR's?

I've been running a stereo rig and doing everything in stereo for so long that it's my default mode :LOL: :LOL: I see the word "stereo", and nothing else matters :rock: :doh: :D :LOL: :LOL:

Oh simply because it's useless, if you load a stereo IR only the left side of the file will be used.

But it will not crash your Torpedo or anything, as you already know. ;)

I just noticed that Ownhammer makes files for "Two Notes Hardware". Will these work with WOS III?
I've only ever used the wave IRs from ownhammer - but I just got WOS III.
Are the ownhammer impulses in native two notes format?

Thanks

To answer my own question - I see that these are just 48K WAV files.
(I guess it was too good to be true to think I might already have a bunch of cabs for WOS)

I'm going to try a few 96K WAV IRs (just to see how you actually load them) - but really, I think the best thing is to start trying out the actual Two Notes cabs ;-)

I just noticed that Ownhammer makes files for "Two Notes Hardware". Will these work with WOS III?
I've only ever used the wave IRs from ownhammer - but I just got WOS III.
Are the ownhammer impulses in native two notes format?

As far as I know these are wav files (non native Torpedo Files) that should work with either of the digital Torpedo (soft or hard).

I don't think Ownhammer contacted us regarding their products, actually they could simply batch process them to translate the .wav into .tur format with BlendIR.

Hi guillaum,
Yeah, they're just wave files, nothing special.
I learned from this thread that wos uses 96K IRS. I want to see if I can mix one or two with a two notes cab.

More importantly, I'm going to listen to a bunch of two notes cabinets, and decide which ones to buy. ;-)

Back