WoS noobie

Kerosene

Hey,
Sorry about the stupid question(s) but if I don't ask I won't know.
I'm currently using a 50w tube amp with a load box and speaker simulator to record and WoS to better emulate a cab than the speaker simulator can alone. Does anyone know of a DI box that will send an uncoloured signal to my DAW so that I'm not using WoS to colour an already coloured sound?

There are loadboxes that have a pure uncompensated line out, ones that have a speaker emulated out and ones that are selectable, either switched or depending on the patching.

In addition, you can place a speaker level DI in between the amp and the loadbox or a line level device on the effect send if your loadbox has no uncompensated output. At all times, either a loadbox or actual speaker must be connected.

We have found some of these DI's works great and others have trouble getting a clean signal to the DAW due to transformer saturation.

Having an integrated solution (like the Torpedo Reload) for this task can be an asset as it simplifies workflow and assures compatibility. That being said, if you already have certain investments in other gear, there are many possible solutions. Please reply with a list of the amp(s) you intend to use, the DAW and interface you have and the loadbox or DI's you have access to and I'll make some suggestions.

Back