Getting Started - Torpedo Studio stuck on firmware update?

bobbair

Fired up a Torpedo Studio today, it says "waiting for file" so I installed Torpedo Remote and updated the firmware and registered the device.

When i restart the unit, it says the same thing either "waiting for software" (if usb unplugged) or "waiting for file" (if usb connected).

Any ideas on what is happening here? At the moment I cannot use the unit.

Many thanks in anticipation,

Steve

Thanks, do you know how I can get hold of an earlier version of Remote? Is there an archive somewhere for older versions??

I can sympathise with your 'pulling your hair out' feeling!!!

Ok. So installed the older version of Remote (3.0.12). This allowed me to installed the older firmware 3.26.

I turned the machine on and off again and still have the same problem, it still says "waiting for software" so the machine is unusable.

Attachments

• IMG_6869.JPG
    IMG_6869.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 1,170
I'm not sure. There is no model number on it anywhere. The front panel looks like the attached. I literally bought it just yesterday. I would take it straight back if it wasn't a 180mile round trip and I had the time!! I might be able to next Saturday... in the meantime I thought I would try on here and via tech support!

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    455.6 KB · Views: 1,145
I would try perhaps another USB cable and connect the USB cable directly to the computer ie not via a hub, keyboard, monitor etc. Sometimes, this makes all the difference.

It may be necessary to revert the Studio to earlier firmware manually and then redo the update process but the required files aren't on the FAQ page (just CAB and Live). I'd recommend opening a support ticket at two-notes.com or via Remote.

Thanks Andy,

I've opened a support ticket so will see where that gets me. Frustrating that it doesn't work straight out of the box as the functionality looks really impressive and I can't wait to use it!!

best regards

Steve

Hi Steve, we'll get you sorted and if the unit has an issue, we'll get you another (I am assuming you are in North America, if not, the country's distributor will).

If you have another computer you could use to try and load the firmware, that would be useful. Sorry if these seem like silly requests but I have a 2008 mac that doesn't behave with USB and Torpedo and we have an endorsee where moving the USB connection directly to the connector on the tower made all the difference. My office PC is the same way with my scanner.

I'm not sure if anyone is monitoring the help desk over the weekend, it does happen but if not, I would expect a reply by tomorrow am.

Cheers, I'm in the UK so hopefully a clever French person will be in touch tomorrow!

Thanks for the idea of an alternative USB cable / machine. I tried a PC also with the same result. It seems to load the firmware over ok, the problem seems to be with the unit itself starting up in the update firmware mode rather than starting normally.

Anyway, fingers crossed that there is an easy fix!

Best regards

Steve

Pleased to report that it is all sorted now and all working thanks to a suggestion from Two Notes support - they suggested checking for a loose cable from the front panel to the motherboard and when I opened the lid it was obvious that one of the flat cables was completely unplugged. Plugged it in, turned it on and it was all working!

Two Notes were very quick with a response this morning (before 9am UK time) and they got it spot-on. Great service.

Time to do some recording !

Steve

Attachments

• IMG_6874.JPG
    IMG_6874.JPG
    957.6 KB · Views: 1,043
Back