Sampling Rate Incompatibility?

bleujazz3

Hi,

Currently own a Torpedo Live and Focusrite Saffire Pro 40. Had experienced some incompatibility issues with my GarageBand sequencer software that returned an error message stating that there was a 48 KHz compatibility conflict with my Saffire and Torpedo Live.

Short of being required to purchase an alternate recording app (Logic Pro X or similar) that accepts a variety of sampling rates, how is it possible to work with the 48 KHz sampling rate required by the Torpedo Live within GarageBand?

Thanks in advance...

I don't think that it's possible to use Garage Band in 48KHz.

There are plenty of inexpensive solution out there that will work perfectly in 44,1Khz, the first that comes to mind is Reaper:

http://www.reaper.fm/

You can try it as much as you like and decide to purchase it whenever you feel like it. ;)

guillaume_pille":ome3d46l said:
I don't think that it's possible to use Garage Band in 48KHz.

There are plenty of inexpensive solution out there that will work perfectly in 44,1Khz, the first that comes to mind is Reaper:

http://www.reaper.fm/

You can try it as much as you like and decide to purchase it whenever you feel like it. ;)

Thanks for your reply...

Two-Notes Tech Support actually helped out by suggesting removing the S/PDIF cable between my Torpedo Live and my Focusrite Saffire PRO 40...

The system (Two Notes/Saffire) now works correctly (still remains to be seen whether GarageBand will record correctly or not), but at least GarageBand no longer returns an error message when conducting audio playback with my Saffire at 44.1 KHz...

You are correct...GarageBand only performs at 44.1 KHz...the alternate solution was Logic Pro X (more costly than Reaper, but more value). This may be my next choice if GarageBand might be inadequate for my needs. Not at this time, as GarageBand does well if one knows how...and that be the reason for my not upgrading to Logic Pro X just yet...the learning curve on Logic Pro X is slightly steeper than GarageBand...

The system (Two Notes/Saffire) now works correctly (still remains to be seen whether GarageBand will record correctly or not), but at least GarageBand no longer returns an error message when conducting audio playback with my Saffire at 44.1 KHz...

Well as soon as you don't try to sync Garage Band at a frequency it can't handle, there should be no problem. ;)

I was surprised that this software only offers 44.1KHz (which makes sense as it is the CD sampling rate). That's a common option in all audio softwares I know.

We designed the Live at 48/96 simply because it's the max frequency we can use with both our DSP and internal converter, without adding any sampling rate converter at the output (so to keep the signal as clean as possible).

The Torpedo Studio is the unit i our catalog that offers the best syncing options.

guillaume_pille":dva8qe2n said:
Well as soon as you don't try to sync Garage Band at a frequency it can't handle, there should be no problem. ;)

Strange that you should mention that...that is how the sampling rate problem was discovered in the first place... ;)

guillaume_pille":dva8qe2n said:
I was surprised that this software only offers 44.1KHz (which makes sense as it is the CD sampling rate). That's a common option in all audio softwares I know.

We designed the Live at 48/96 simply because it's the max frequency we can use with both our DSP and internal converter, without adding any sampling rate converter at the output (so to keep the signal as clean as possible).

And there are a variety of more complicated recording sequencers that accept the TL 48/96 KHz sampling rate...it was just in my best interest at this time to learn as much as possible about GarageBand without needing to upgrade to another sequencer software. Perhaps after my GarageBand abilities have been put to rest, then Logic Pro X may be the next step in my recording forays.

Back