live levels

with the torpedo live, what are some ideas on preset level and out put levels, i seem to get muddy really easy with this parameters, should they be close to 0 db or one higher than the other?. also how do people pull the bass out? I'm using a freedman be 100 with it and the bass gets really boomy. I've cut the low eq on the unit and I'm running the bass on the amp really low. its really thin thru the cab, but thru a pa or monitors its overly bass heavy.

Hi Pbfoot,

the preset nor the out level play on the tonal balance of your sound (they are digital gain function).

The preset level is used to compensate level differences that can occur between several presets (that share obviously the same input and output level).

Regarding your excess of bass frequencies, may I ask you if you use the power amp simulation? What is the cabinet/mic combination, and the mic position?

Because, well, all these parameters play a huge role in your tone. ;) I don't see why we can't find a simple solution for you. ;)

if they are just digital gain, should they start at zero and then adjust? i am not using any power amp sims, mics are all the above and cabs are mostly 4x12 but i have tried numerous 2x12's also the mic position has been adjusted various with minimal changes. i do notice when i use an ownhammer ir the bass is reduced

the mic position has been adjusted various with minimal changes

:confused:

Do you think that you could upload a sound sample of your tone so we get an idea what we are dealing with?

if they are just digital gain, should they start at zero and then adjust?

Well there is no "norm" regarding where the volume should be set. The output volume must not overload the product to which it is connected, so it can well be under 0, and yes, you should have 0 on the quieter preset so you can lower the preset level on loud ones.

Back