Is the tube in Le Preamp replaceable?

eh6

Hi, I apologize in advance if this is a dumb question, but is the tube in the Le Preamp replaceable? If it is, is it something easy I could do myself, or does it require sending it to a certified tech to open it up so that the warranty is not voided? I was just about to order a Le Lead when it occurred to me that how to replace the tube isn't mentioned at all in the manual, and from the pictures and descriptions online it's not clear if the user can replace the tube or not. I assume that it is replaceable, but just wanted to double check before ordering one :)

Thanks!

HI eh6,

you can replace the tube by removing the back cover, the access to the tube is very easy.

We do not talk about that in the manual simply because there is high voltage in the pedal, and a "regular user" should not put his hands in it. Like in any tube product using high voltage. The only precaution is actually to remove the power supply adapter to make sure the high voltage is not present.

Here is a view of the inside, like I said, the tube access is easy enough:

2016-01-26%2011.43.09.jpg

So I received my new Le Lead today from Thomann, and channel A sounds great, but channel B (lead) was dead on arrival - doesn't work either into an amp and cab, or via headphones emulated out - just hiss. I tried completely different cables, different guitars, different button combinations (more gain and more volume = even more hiss), pretty much everything I can think of. I have to say that for EUR 299 I'm disappointed, since now I have to mess around with an exchange and wait for a new one. This is my first Two Notes product, so hopefully it was just bad luck that I got a bad unit.

Someone from Two notes will be able to provide a quick and easy fix tomorrow am your time (I assume you are in the EU) ie as soon as they check the forum. Just to be sure, I'd recommend opening a support ticket at www.two-notes.com

Thanks, I'm sending it back to the retailer I bought it from for an exchange, so hopefully the new unit will be OK.

The Two Notes CEO noticed my post and personally responded first thing this morning with some instructions on how to fix the issue. It was a quick 5 minute fix, and now it works fine. Very impressive and quick response from the company, so they have a new fan!

Back