Trying to reamp with wall of sound

topboost

Hi all, I'm using Reaper with a Presonus audio box and Radial reamp box. I'm running a pre recorded guitar track out through to my amp and then DI'ing into the front of the Presonus. It's all working except I can't get the wall of sound plugin to work while the guitar track is being reamped to the new track. I can apply other effects and they work, but the IR plugin won't. Is something I can do to fix that? I want to be able to hear the amp being run though the cabinets while I'm reamping it to the new track so that I can tweak the amp's controls to get a tone I want with the speaker cab I will be using.

Cheers!

The first thing would be to verify that once the re-amped track is recorded, you can instanciate and hear the result of using WOSIII on this re-amped track. This would be on playback. If not, there is a problem in your monitor patch/mixer configuration or the WOSIII balance or process i/o settings.

Once this works, it is then important to verify the monitor path in recording mode ie the signal path going to your monitors as you are recording. Each DAW and interface have a slightly different method. In this case, you need to hear the channel via the mixer, not the input monitor while recording.

Yes, there's no problem applying the plugin once the track is recorded. I just can't hear it while the guitar track is being recorded. So it's a monitoring issue that I just can't figure out. Especially when other plugins work while in recording mode.

Back