Le Preamp + Torpedo Cab in FX Loop

jkwatson01

Hello,

I currently have a torpedo cab and am investigating the new Le Preamp series, probably the LeClean. I see that the CAB can be run in the FX loop. My question is, where is the FX loop in the signal chain of the preamp? Is any other processing or EQ applied to the post-FX loop signal, or does it go straight to the DI output? How would you recommend to setup the input level, output gain, etc on the CAB when running in the FX loop? I also have delay and reverb (strymon timeline + blue sky) that I would like to place after the CAB in the FX loop.

Thanks for any input

Jeff

The LePedal pre-amp's FX loop is post the pre-amp stage and is a great place to insert the CAB and/or time based effects. Care should be taken so that the signal path is at unity gain (ie that you aren't radically boosting the signal through the CAB (like setting the input for inst and the output for line)

sysexguy":14wux8ux said:
The LePedal pre-amp's FX loop is post the pre-amp stage and is a great place to insert the CAB and/or time based effects. Care should be taken so that the signal path is at unity gain (ie that you aren't radically boosting the signal through the CAB (like setting the input for inst and the output for line)

Thanks. I have one on the way, I will give it a try! Some more questions in order to get the gain structure right for unity -- Should the output gain level be set to 0dB? And to confirm the input level switch should be at INST (not LINE) and the output level should be at LINE (not AMP)?

I would start with the input at "INST" and the output "AMP, if you are getting the clip light to light up on the CAB, switch both input and output to "LINE".

0dB is a good starting point. Different cabinets/mics and IR's may need volume adjustment especially when using the rear of the cab. You can also program volume settings as a solo boost but starting at 0dB gives one a logical baseline so that all the sounds will be without unwanted clipping.

Hello,

You can have a look at the block diagram of Le Preamp, you'll find it on the last page of the user manual (which can be downloaded from our website : http://www.two-notes.com/en/preamps/le- ... hargements

Long story short, the Return jack is directly connected to the Output jack, and directly feeds the DI and headphones. Don't forget to turn the SPKR SIM off if you are using a Torpedo CAB in the loop ;)

You can put a Torpedo CAB in the loop, with other pedals before or after, according to your taste.

Either Line/Line or Gtr/Amp are close to unity gain, so you can start with one of them.
If you overload the input of the CAB, set the in level to Line rather than Gtr.
If you overload the headphones or DI, set the out level to Amp rather than Line.

Are there any recommended CAB models in torpedo CAB to pair with the clean? So far what I am getting out of it is very bright and thin. I want to use this in a live situation, not with plugin.

Basstyra":3q4cmki1 said:
Yes :)

You'll have to register your Le Clean on your account (if this is not already done. Got here to do so : http://store.two-notes.com/index.php?co ... tnLicenses ), so these cabinets will be added to your license. Then, you can use the Memory Manager window in the Remote software to transfert the cabinets into the CAB.

That's pretty awesome, can make the adjustments then through the PC software, I am excited to try it out.

Back