Le Preamp Midi configuration/setup

HappyHippie

Hi guys,

Just got the Le Clean a month ago and have a question regarding Midi. The manual is not particularly verbose (13.4) and before even trying what I'd like to accomplish I would like to ask:

Is it possible to set the device up in a way that different program changes trigger the same channel on the device?
Example: PC 1 to 8 turn on the clean chanel, PC 9 to 16 turn on the crunch chanel, etc.

This would be a very important feature for me. I also use the CAB and it would be quite a let down if each chanel would be limited to exactly one PC.

This can be done.

There is a step that the manual isn't clear about and I will ask Guillaume to clarify.

Enter the midi edit mode by pressing footswitch A while powering on. The display should be white

Press A to select "learn" mode, the display will be green

Press B to enter "learn" mode, the display will now be white

now press A to select channel A. Using your midi controller connected to the Lepedal Midi input, send the Program Change (PC) message that you wish to assign to Ch A. both Ch A and Ch B less will flash to acknowledge receipt of the program assignment. Continue with all the other PC messages you wish to assign to Ch A (one at a time, with visual confirmation for each with both the LED's flashing).

now press B and repeat the same procedure assigning other PC messages to this setting

if you use Fusion mode, select the desired mode and press both A + B and send the required PC messages

If you wish to recall bypass via midi, deactivate either A and/or B so the pedal is bypassed and send the required PC message(s)

Disconnect the power input and reconnect it with no footswitches pressed to return to operational mode. The Lepedal will now respond to the assigned PC messages.

You can overwrite a previous program change assignment simply by repeating the above procedure with the revised setting for Lepedal channel and PC. You can also have a blank PC whereby an assigned PC does to alter the current status by erasing the assignment. To do this, you enter sit mode, select and enter learn mode and send the desired PC change without selecting any assignment of ChA/B or Fusion modes)

Please confirm that this is now working for you. you may also submit a Help Desk request

Thanks Andy,

much appreciated reply.
I can only try this later, but the simple fact that it will work suffices.

Actually, from reading the manual I already had that impression. But from information giving out before release (including one of your posts on TGP) my understanding was one-pc-per-channel only.

So this is great news. This functionality makes perfect sense together with the CAB and certainly adds extra value.

Back