Torpedo Live Help Needed, Rumbling Sound Clean Tone

Johnland82

Hey Folks,

I'd like to preface everything I'm about to say with the fact that I'm sure this is user error on some level. I'm not attempting to cast a negative light on any products that might come up here.

I'm going Guitar > Panama Shaman > Torpedo Live Speaker In > Torpedo Live Line Out > Saffire Pro 40. Recording in Logic Pro X with no plugins.

I am using a speaker cable from the amp to the Torpedo, and a TRS going from the line out to an input on the Saffire.

**Update

I've managed to narrow things down a bit. I noticed that if I hit -12 on the In Level of the Torpedo Live, I get a constant rumbling noise. If I then turn my amps volume up, the noise disappears and I can keep playing. Now, maybe I'm incorrect, but shouldn't I be able to touch the yellow just a tad when playing louder? Once I hit yellow, it's rumble city!

Also, you'll notice that the unit went silent for a moment there. I'm not sure why that is happening, but I'm sure it's some sort of overheating protection. The fan is working fine in the back, and my 20w amp is dialed in at just under 12 o'clock with on the gain and volume. Am I pushing too hard? This happens often.

Here's a link to what I'm talking about, please listen until the very end. It is there that I turn up the volume, and you hear the rumble dissipate.

https://soundcloud.com/johnland82/royal-rumble

Thanks folks.

Alrighty, so I'm completely stuck at this point. I've narrowed it down to only happening when playing on my amp's clean channel, as previously stated. However, it doesn't actually have to hit the yellow on the In Level. It happens any time I string even remotely hard, even if the In Level is turned down incredibly low.

I would really appreciate any help that can be provided. Thanks :)

*Oh, I should add that none of this happens when I run through to my cab. It's only when running direct in with the Torpedo.

have you opened a support support ticket at the two notes help desk? If not, that would be the best course of action.

Yes, I have! I've done what was asked in the ticket (someone responded rather quickly!), but haven't seen an update since then. Of course, this is just one day ago, but I'm in a bit of a time crunch. That's why I'm trying to get some information from multiple places.

Thanks for the suggestion though, I appreciate it!

In case anyone is interested in this issue, or is experiencing the same problem, Two-Notes tech support came to the conclusion that the load box is damaged. I will be sending it in for a repair, which should be under warranty.

Back