Rack placement 2x VB101's

wizard_23

Hi guys,

I've got a 2nd VB101 coming in the next few weeks and I'm working out where to place them in my 14ru rack case. For layout and ease of connection I would have them sitting on top of each other in the 11,12 + 13,14 slots of the rack case but is that running the gauntlet with heat having them on top of one another? Nothing else in my rack emits heat worthy of concern.

I just wondered if others are using multiple Torps in the same case and have some thoughts on whether this is okay?

Cheers,
Nick

Hi Nick,

we did that many times, as we have a fan at the back of the unit there is pretty much no heat going up, so you don't need to worry about that. ;)

guillaume_pille":1981poy7 said:
Hi Nick,

wi did that many times, as we have a fan at the back of the unit there is pretty much no heat going up, so you don't need to worry about that. ;)

Thank you Guillaume, your customer service is first rate!

Well that settles it, they shall be stacked!

Ceriatone HiWatt clone into one, Ceriatone Yeti into the other, good times ahead.

Cheers, Nick

guillaume_pille":3js96sox said:
You do know that with the latest update on the VB-101 each unit is now stereo, right?

???

As in I can run two cabs + mics at once on each VB101 and have them on separate outputs? Yes.

Or do you mean I can use the Torpedo with multiple amps? If so I did not know this and would love to hear more.

Each Torpedo can handle the output of a single amp at a time. The VB-101 with the most recent firmware would allow a dual mono or true stereo process of 2 signals coming into the digital input.

A head switcher such as a Radial Headbone or more elaborate offering from CAA, Egnater and others can allow multiple heads to all be patched to a Torpedo. In these cases, the heads can be selected by footswitch or even in some cases via midi however only only head is used at a time.

I'll need to check but it may be possible with the VB-101 and the latest firmware to use the unit with a second head and an external loadbox in dual mono. Ie 2 amps (one with an external loadbox) in dual mono.

Thanks for the info Andy. All good, still keen to run a seperate torpedo for each amp as they'll both always be on for live applications and it offers a tonne of flexibility for recording of course. Add a Kemper and I think I'll be done.

Back