How far is too far for input clipping C.A.B.

erick4x4

The rule follower in me always kept the input from clipping on my Torpedo C.A.B., but lately I feel like it sounds better to me if I push the torpedo C.A.B. a little. Now obviously at some point I hear the clipping loud and clear, but it seems like it sounds better pushed.

Probably because of the power amp simulator is why I like it pushed. Any reason to be concerned here? I'm using an AMT-SS11a preamp (sorry I bought it right before the Le series came out!). It seems like the meter on the remote software will be hovering aroundv-6 but seems to spike and give me the input overload even though it doesn't seem to really be peaking. I notice the same thing on WOS iii, logic doesn't show the peak, but WOS does.

Is it "extra sensitive" to some high end spikes or anything on the meters? Right now I'm trusting my ears, but constantly seeing the input overload flashing on the pedal...well I guess that's why I'm writing this :)

Thanks!

It's hard to say, it's not a usual use of the unit... but the input has limiting resistors, so it's probably safe ;)

Back