Le Preamp - Can it really replace an amp in live context?

vinny199

Hi,

In my quest of not having to take an amp to certain gigs, I'm now looking at "Le preamp"

I bought line 6 Helix, and it is just not for me. Will sell it shortly. it has horrendous latency in "patch switching mode", which totally defeats the object of being able to use multiple rigs, but anyway...

I already own a vb-101, so I know of Two notes and it's good stuff.

My idea and, what I'd like to know is:

If I keep my "normal" pedalboard, use it infront of Lepreamp clean, hook it to C.A.B and hook a reverb pedal in the loop, can it truly sound like a good amp (like my blues junior / hot rod kind of thing) when signal is sent out to PA?

I understand the tonal characteristics will be a little different.

But will is sound really, really great in the PA? This is often where I find "these things" lacking. Sounds quite good on recordings / within a mix, but on a PA it does not quite sound like a miced amp, often feels thinner, lacks depth and some punch too etc..

Would Le Preamp not be that and a true replacement for an amp in a live context?

I'd love to hear opinion of people who use it this way.

Thanks in advance,

Vinny

I use my CAB with various tube preamps and analog pedals, works great!

With guitar cabs and lightweight solid state power the CAB's tube power amp sims work great, and then if going DI'd I just turn on the cab sim.

Two Notes has added a reverb to the CAB/LIVE as well.

Back