Le Lead noise/grounding issue?

iank

I bought a Le Lead today, and I must say it sounds fantastic.

However I'm noticing a significant hum in the background whenever I switch to channel B, is this normal?

I'm using the provided PSU and have tried diff cables, guitars, plugging the PSU into different wall plugs.

Help!

Channel B has a huge gain, so it will heavily amplify any hum present at the input. Do you notice the same hum without anything plugged in the input connector ?

Just checked.. Yup there's still a noticeable hum even though i've not plugged anything into the input jack. Gain is about 10'o clock, running it via the output jack into my amp.

*edit: I took a video of me switching between channel A and B with a guitar plugged in, but I'm not sure how to upload it. I could email it to you if it helps!:)

Any updates regarding this issue?

I bought the 9-12v converter for my Godlyke Powerall and tried it with the pedal, dead silent. So I'm guessing that the issue is with the stock adaptor. Could I get it replaced?

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply, have dropped you a message!:)

*edit: oops totally forgot to include the invoice and postal code, sorry! will include them in the reply email

Hi to you all,

This happens exactly to me..

Bought the pedal from UK (Andertons) and the B channel led was always becaming green, then yellow and so on. The sound is amazing but with lots of Hum.

Thought might be the ac adapter. Send an email to Two notes that said the ac adapter could have an issue. So, I bought another one. The ground hum disapear but the B channel keep doing very noise. So to make things right I bought the T-Rex fuel tank chameleon and very hi-quality cables.

Conclusion: The pedal keeps with that anoying hum on B channel and it keeps worst everytime I put some bass.
Now I was wondering if it is the tube/valve but I dont want to avoid warranty and I am sick of wasting money.

I would love to talk positive about this pedal but I can't use it like this! With the money I spent I would buy a really nice amp head.
The solution is to send the pedal backto Andertons and I give it away for 2 months :( I'm on tour and now I cant be without this thing.. hug!!!!!! :doh:

Hi mrjosim,

I tried the pedal with the chameleon but the noise was still there. Ended up using a 9-12v adaptor with my Godlyke Powerall and it worked fine! So it sounds like there's an issue with my stock adaptor. Currently waiting for TwoNotes to send me a replacement:)

Cheers,
Ian

Hello

T-Rex fuel tank chameleon

We cannot recommend the Trex PSUs we have had only bad experiences with their PSUs. I'm not sure the Chameleon's 12VDC output can deliver 500mA when you use other outputs...

Regarding noise on B channel, there is a lot of gain, and on a regular amp anybody would put a noise gate, I guess. This being said, the pedal is supposed to be quiet when you unplug the guitar for example (that's a test). If you still hear hum in that condition let us know on the Help Desk we'll ship you a new PSU ASAP.

Hi all,
So, there is 3 different noises: the gain, the ground and the one that is my problem and it's not normal!
I bought the current doubler with the t rex so I'm feeding 600ma..
The ground loop disappeared, the gain has the normal hiss that disappears with the noise Gate but, theres a third one that is coming from Channel B that is not normal! And gets wors when turning the bass button. The gain button doesn't affect the noise, Just the eq buttons but the wors is the bass button. Even without the cable in, it has a huge hum..
I don't believe the t rex doesn't work but I will send back and ask for another psu, one that is listed on two notes site..
But today has I went to try to calibrate the noise Gate the pedal stop working.
I'm really sad..
It receives the guitar signal but send not processed signal. Doesn't change channel or parameters even all the lights work normaly except Channel B that is Always becaming green (the left led only)
Changed the valve but nothing..
So, in conclusion I will send it back to Andertons and hope they fix it quick so I can do at least half of my tour with it..

So, in conclusion I will send it back to Andertons and hope they fix it quick so I can do at least half of my tour with it..

That's what I was about to recommend you, I will make sure it doesn't take forever to get your unit fixed. Please send me in PM your name/phone so I give it to our distributor. It could be a relay issue that's not hard to fix.

Hi,

Don't mean to pile on to the problem, but after not having played the unit for 2-3 weeks, I plugged it in yesterday and..... It doesn't work. I can get a signal when both channels are bypassed, but when I activate either channel, no sound comes through at all. However, all the LEDs work.

So I'm left with a faulty adaptor and unit and I've barely even used it :(

Mine as the same issue..
Two notes it seems I can't send you a PM. The site doesn't allow me..
But I'm in touch with you in your site with the Case Tracking ID: ZN8-NH7-9VWN
We can talk there.
Andertons doesn't reply to me or my order directly keeps asking what kind of cables do I use and so on.. They've told the repair whould take about 4 weeks but with this questions (delaying the pick-up) the days are going and my tour with 60 shows will never see the pedal this way :(
Ian, the same happened to me. Two notes sais it could be an easy fix. rele maibe..

Salut and thanks

Joao I just checked your ticket, we just wait for you to send us the unit so we take a look at it. ;)

iank if you didn't already send us a message on the Help Desk, please do it and we'll take care of you.

Just so you know we start shipping replacement PSUs next week.

Back