Hughes & Kettner Granemeister 36

yoMuzicMan

I'm purchasing the Torpedo Live and plan to use it with a Hughes & Kettner Grandmeister 36 for silent recording. I do not plan on plugging a cabinet into the "thru" jack. This amp will work with 8 or 16 ohm cabinets, but there is no switch for me to set this on the amp. Somehow it knows if the cabinet is 8 or 16 ohms.

As I've read the Torpedo Live manual, it is expecting to be connected to an 8 ohm amp speaker output. Does that mean the Torpedo Live presents itself as an 8 ohm cabinet?

Thanks.

Another question re the Live....how do I use it as an attenuator?
When I plug the speaker out on the amp into the line in on the Live, then a thru from the Live to the cab, do i just max the volume on my amp (25 watt so no issue in maxing out), then just use the "in level" knob on the Live to control the output volume?

Is there any way to max out the signal going to my DAW while attenuating the signal coming out of the AUX at the same time?

racerevlon,

I'm kinda happy with the built in Redbox on the H&K GM36. I used it live before with good results...Redbox out to the PA. I'm currently not playing live and am home recording. When using Redbox into my DAW (Reaper), it sounds ok. When I add the WOS III, it sounds very good.

Then I found out that when there is no cabinet load on the GM36, 2 of the power tubes are disabled. It's basically in 18 watt mode. I've used the GM36 with a 2x12 cabinet in the 36 watt mode and love the sound. So I'm hoping when I get my TL hooked up to the speaker output of the GM36, I'll be happy hearing all 4 power tubes in 36 watt mode again. I'm still waiting for the TL to arrive.

Here is a link to a chart showing the power mode when in silent mode. I'm referring to Mode 5 in the chart.
http://blog.hughes-and-kettner.com/why- ... -also-hot/

I'm kinda of a gear head, so maybe I'm using the 2 vs 4 power tubes as an excuse to buy a new toy. haha

:)

The LIVE is not a Attenuator, but it can kind of function as one...

a) Plug your speaker into your amp's Speaker Out.

b) Insert the LIVE into the amp's FX Loop (LIVE's Line In and Out, and set a decent input level for the LIVE etc).

c) Use the LIVE's Tube Power Amp sims to suit, control SPL with the LIVE's Output Control.

Used like this you can have all the modeled tube power section color you need at any SPL.

xzyryabx":40nwqja9 said:
Another question re the Live....how do I use it as an attenuator?
When I plug the speaker out on the amp into the line in on the Live, then a thru from the Live to the cab, do i just max the volume on my amp (25 watt so no issue in maxing out), then just use the "in level" knob on the Live to control the output volume?

Is there any way to max out the signal going to my DAW while attenuating the signal coming out of the AUX at the same time?

Back